SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheppardk_gw

HVAC Quote Review 17.5k?

sheppardk
17 years ago

I have had three quotes and this is the lowest (-5k, -2k). This contractor is also the largest in the area by far. The salesman and install manager spent the most time and came up with the best design. I had two other contractors come out after them and later contractors changed there design to match the other when ever I said "But what about...." I tried to get some more quotes from smaller contractors, but they proved flaky. I have had 6 people total at the house.

-

The house is 3600 sf. 1200 sf is a finished basement which was getting heat from boots that tapped of the upstairs so it did not work at all.

-American Standard Freedom 90 Comfort-R VS 120k 5Ton

-AS 800 Thermostat with Humidity Control x 2

-AprilAir Humidifier

-AS AccuClean Whole House Filter

-AS Allegiance® 18 Dual Compressor AC 5Ton

-AS All AL Coil

-Honeywell zoning system

-New trunk and duct system for 1200 sf finished(walk out) basement.

-Patch existing tapped ducts

-Move system from mechinical room to crawl space

-Add gas, electrical and venting to crawl

Permits

-The new ducts will be run by cutting strips out of the upstairs subfloor which already has all the floor removed.

-The price includes removal of sub floor, but not repair. I will make sure they cut straight uniform 16" strips.

10/10 Factory Warrenty

Cost is 17.5k or wo/AC 12.5k

I am a little worried about the size of the furnace. The house does have R-19 walls, R30+ attic, new low E windows, basement space with only two windows. The house actually has less window space then my old 2400 sf house. I used HVAC Calc and got heat loss of 75k. This does not have a safty factor or account for the altitude(5k feet). The contractor used a worksheet and got 130k, but took measurements of the house and windows and said he would do a computerized calc. He was the only contractor to do this.

Comments (2)