SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_al

LG Minisplit A/C minimum setting 64

texas_al
16 years ago

We have slept in 60 degree temps for 20 years. First, the central air cranked down at night, then recently an auxiliary window unit for the bedroom.

Our new house is about finished and we are moving in soon. The HVAC guy finish installing the LG minisplit in the bedroom today. The purpose for this 12,000 BTU unit is to cool this bedroom down to 60 at night without running the central air.

I tested it tonight and found that it has an arbitrary minimum thermostat setting of 64! I am not comfortable sleeping at 64 so this of course pretty much renders the unit useless unless I can figure out a way to outsmart it.

My HVAC guy says the thermostat is in the wireless remote. If this is true, I'd just put it in a drawer and the a/c would seem to run longer as it would probably not be as cool in the drawer.

But I don't seen how the thermostat can be in the remote, as it would have to be pointed at the a/c air handler for the thermostat reading to be picked up by the unit.

Should it be possible to defeat this arbitrary 64 degree minimum setting somehow, or are we going to have to rip it out and get someone else's brand that will do 60?

Comments (15)