SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gjjbmoore

Noisy Bryant Heat Pump....HELP!!

gjjbmoore
16 years ago

I bought a Bryant Quiet Whisper HP about ten years ago. I've hated the unit the 1st day I had it installed. Ten years later, after many, many attempts to stiffle the noise..I have been defeated. The blower on the furnace is so loud that I have to turn up the television when it comes on...and this again, is after ten, long brutal years. When the HP kicks on, at night, I feel the rumble of the compressor through my pillow and bedroom walls. (And it's a two story home!!)Again, I've been listening to this rumble for ten long years. I tried contacting Bryant directly after many, many attempts of working through my installer and they were completely uncooperative. In fact after many, many emails to resolve the problem, the Bryant customer service person told me that she would no longer respond to me, and if I wanted to resolve the issue that I would have to seek legal council...They have been the worst, most uncooperative company that I have ever had the displeasure in dealing with.

Anyway the Model of the HP is a FB4ANF048

It's the 4 Ton Quiet Whisper Unit

I live in Western PA. where the winters are pretty cold.

My home is about 2800 Sq Ft

My question is this. What is the best way to fix my noisy HP problem? I paid over $5,000 ten years ago for the whole system. I really don't want to spend another $5,000 to replace it. Can I replace the outside unit with a quieter HP and keep the piping and furnace inside? (I am used to the loud blower fan.)

What is the quiest and most efficient system out there?

And what's the difference between reciprocating and a scroll compressors?

My electric bill is budgeted at around $215 a month.

The Bryant Quiet Whisper is one big piece of crap.

Thanks for reading my rambling, but after 10 years of loud, sleepless misery, and hours and hours of hany-man, Mr. Fix-it noise solutions. I have put padded foundation blocks under the unit, extra padding every where I could put it, I have just about had it. I walk around all day, like a zombie because of my lack of sleep. HELP!!

Can I install a new unit myself and have a certified tech come and fill it full of refrigerant?

What is my least expensive, best way to resolve my noisy problem?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)