SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
starlightfarm

Ideas for individual portions......

starlightfarm
15 years ago

I want to cook several dishes for my MIL to freeze. I have purchased a handful of the little individual size foil trays. I thought they would be good to cook casserole type dishes in and freeze for her.

I want to make it as simple as possible (with directions included.... you know, thaw in fridge overnight, cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, etc). She has some major health issues right now and cooking good meals is not a priority for her... so if I have some items ready-made for her, she will eat much better.

I already have her freezer stocked with several ind. frozen homemade soups... but want to give her something a little more substantial.

I realize that most casseroles recipes can be frozen... but can you give me some tips on what can and cannot be frozen? Rice, pasta, potatoes from what I hear don't freeze very well.

I would love to make some chicken pot pies (but here you go with potatoes!).

And.... how do I convert baking times to go with such a small portion?

And.... can frozen items like this be stuck straight in the freezer (not thawed the night before) just like frozen meals that you purchase from the grocery store?

Any tried and true frozen meal recipes will be very much appreciated!

Sorry for so many questions, but I want to make this as easy as I can for her....

Thanks!

Comments (11)