SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

Caregivers

User
16 years ago

Many of you have been following my ups and downs over the years. Just wanted to report that I'm okay these days and finally learning to let things rolls off my back. I no longer fight with my sisters - I've let that go and try to be courteous at all times. DH gets mad about living with Mom and the strings attached to it but I finally figured out that he is looking at his own mortality and is very scared of growing old, so I let his comments roll off my back. Some days I feel trapped having to care for an aging parent but there is another side that just wants to be the loving daughter and protect my Mom from the world. I want her to be safe and comfortable. If she sleeps too soundly I stare to see if her chest rises and she hasn't passed away. I'm more aware of how much she feels like a burden to me and I empathize with her and try to walk a mile in her shoes. She suffers greatly with her health but I'm seeing her more now as a totally dependent child. I see the circle of life.

I wish God would take her and let her rest - she's suffered enough now. I selfishly wish DH and I could move on with our own lives but I try not to feel guilty about those feelings since they are natural. But I do.

I try to do the best I can now with each and every day. I am blessed that DH has a good job so we can afford for me to be home with Mom.

Anyone else here a caregiver? How are you doing?

McPeg

PS - I've completed my driving school and drive a bit on the weekends when I can. That's another story for another day.

Comments (14)