SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imtoni

MRI, not so bad

Toni S
15 years ago

Because of some ear problems I've been having this last month the doctor ordered an MRI to check out my eustation tubes and head area.

I have to say I was kind of worried about being in that tube and feeling claustrophobic. Although I'm pretty good at self talk and relaxing I am not good at laying on my back. (scar tissue on spine) After a couple of Xanax (I think) I was feeling pretty serene and was comfortable. They put my head in some coil, cage thing and slide me in the hole. I didn't dare open my eyes and for the next 45 mins I thought about Disney world, the beach and what my kids were up to at home. Ok, I did peek for a moment but that was just enough to make me keep them closed. Ahh, I really hate tight places. They did give me the sqeeze ball just in case I wanted out but all I did was sweat on it.

The sound the MRI machine makes is like being on a one sided shoot out Or maybe a band tuning up before a concert. Very odd and interesting I kept thinking. I felt successful in my latest adventure, especially being claustraphobic. I would love to see the views they took since I'm sure they will ask for payment of them!

I'm wondering...

What has your experience been with MRI? Did you get to see the results?

Comments (10)