SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

HELP - I can't stop itching

aloha2009
11 years ago

Last Wednesday (5 days ago), I had what I thought was about 3 mosquito bites, though I hadn't been outside much. Next day, I woke up with a few more, by Friday I had probably 15. I was going to the dermatologist for something else, so I figured I had "lucked" out and could have him tell me what was going on.

Even before I went, I had checked on possibly bed bugs but everything I read on the internet said it wasn't and the doctor confirmed it. He checked all of the spots and didn't think they were spider bites either. He said to use hydrocortesone (anti itch cream) or benadryl and everything should be clearing up by Monday.

Well it's Sunday night and it's getting worse! Yes, I'll call him on Monday and see what else he recommends but I don't want to waste a $35 copay for him to see what he already saw on Friday only more spots.

My DH has only gotten one spot that is similar but could very well be an actual mosquito bite. We've gone over our bed, couches, pillows, etc. with a magnifying glass looking for something.

We changed to a different scent laundry detergent but I read that only 1% of the population is actually allergic to detergent. Besides that my son many years ago had an allergic reaction to some laundry soap I was using, and it doesn't resemble that in the least.

If it was getting better, I'd be OK with the itching, but with no end in sight, I'm loosing my patience.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should look for.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County