SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bookworm1_gw

I can't stop crying!

bookworm1
14 years ago

On Monday I let my cat Tuffy out and she never came back. I called and called for her because it was just not like her to not come when I call. On Wednesday, I found her dead body under my porch. I feel so guilty. She had a tooth infection and I just could not find the time to take her to the vet. I am also a full-time caregiver for my 88 year old Mum and could just never be able to get out of the house. Then we had so much snow, that also prevented me from getting out and leaving my Mum alone in the house. I try to never leave her alone but circumstances are such that I have no choice at times to go grocery shopping or something.I feel so so guilty. Tuffy would have been alive if I had just been able to make the time to get her to a vet. I feel angry that I always put my Mum's caregiving needs first at the expense of others including myself. I feel so torn up right now, I can't stop crying. Tuffy was just a beautiful cat who always followed me around and always came when I called her. She never walked, she was always running, always ready to have her head scratched. She would sit by me when I had a minute to myself or was with me watching as I helped my Mum. I miss her so, I just feel so empty without her even though I still have three other cats - her mum and two siblings. I feel so guilty,if only I had taken her to the vet she would still be with me. Please please if you have pets, please do not put off taking them to the vet even if they look fine and are eating and drinking just like Tuffy was until the very end. The heartbreak is just too much.

Comments (10)