Houzz Logo Print
bpm382

Carrier Infinity vs Comfort

bpm382
16 years ago

A Manual J was done on my home and determined that I need:

16,524 BTU's for cooling the 2nd floor.

22,794 BTU's for cooling the 1st floor.

I need two complete, separate systems installed. I am deciding between two systems I will call System A and System B:

System A: (2)2 Ton-Carrier Infinity, 16 SEER, 2 Stage Puron compressors. Model # 24ANA7. (2)Infinity Series, Variable Speed, Air Handlers,Model# FE4. (2)Infinity Series Diagnostic Control. These componets, installation, and the addition of a little ductwork and two additional sources and returns in my home, Price: $14,000 (includes $1,800. in Carrier Rebates.

System B: (2) 2 Ton Carrier Comfort, Single Stage, Up to 14 SEER, Puron Compressors. Model# 24ACA3. (2)Carrier Comfort Series Air Handlers. Price $12,250.

I live in Massachusetts where this system will be running for only 3 months out of the year. Do I need to spend the additional $1,750 for the "Top of the Line" Infinity System, or will I do just as well with the single stage, Carrier "Comfort" line. Either way, the system will be installed by a Carrier Dealer who has been installing Puron Systems since they first came out and has 20 yrs experience. I know the Infinity System would be nice, but do I really need to spend the extra money. I don't think I would ever make up $1,750. in electricity savings.

Thanks

Brian

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH