SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rintintin_gw

Carrier Performance vs. Infinity

Rintintin
10 years ago

I've decided to convert my house from oil heat to electric heat. I live in Northern Virginia and I've been presented with the heat pump option, which is appealing considering the cost of oil these days (I currently pay around $360 each month for oil).
I'm looking at Carrier and was wondering if going to the Infinity series is too much for my house? It's 3700 sq. ft. 2 level (basement and main). I'm looking at a 3 ton unit. I need the outside heat pump plus the blower install. I should add the current blower/air handler is 24 years old and finally busted at the end of the summer (perfect timing!). The current A/C unit is on electric power and an average monthly electric bill for everything electric in the house is $140.
My question is: Should I invest in the infinity series or stick with the performance series from Carrier? I was quoted a price for a Performance 15 heat pump (25HCC536) with a variable speed air handler (FV4CA003) for $7,800. The Infinity Greenspeed SEER 20 would run me around $14,000.
I plan on staying in the house for at least 10 more years.
Thanks for your assistance.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting