SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
althetrainer

How much do you pay for your all natural peanut butter?

althetrainer
14 years ago

I tried making peanut butter at home thinking it would be cheaper and the taste far superior to the store bought stuff. To my surprise, my favorite President's Choice all natural peanut butter is cheaper than what I could make at home. Not only it's cheaper, it actually tastes better!

Well, to be fair, I believe my homemade peanut butter would taste better if I bought premium roasted peanuts. The No Name peanuts I bought on sale was $2.99 a 1-kg bag. Regularly I would have to pay $4 a bag. These are cheap roasted peanuts in shells. A 900-g premium roasted peanuts costs almost $6. They may produce better tasting peanut butter, but that would make homemade peanut butter more expensive.

When my favorite President's Choice all natural peanut butter (1-kg) on sale, I pay somewhere between $2.99 and $3.99 a jar. For a bag of 900-g premium roasted peanuts (in shells), I imagine it will give me a bit over 700 grams of peanut butter. So, make your own peanut butter at the price of $6 for 700 grams, or buy a 1-kg jar of all natural for $2.99?

Is my math wrong? Maybe we're just lucky to have a jar of 1-kg all natural peanut butter available in the Superstore. So... how much do you pay for your all natural peanut butter? Is your homemade cheaper and tastier?

Al

Comments (16)