SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzyb55

get your peanut butter!!

liz
12 years ago

I got this in email from a friend this morning...glad to know it cause I always make BUCKEYES at Christmas! I'm going to get my pound of peanut butter today!! My hubster and kid will have to find something else to eat on the cheap cause P-nut butter is no longer cheap!!

"Did you know that thanks to scorching droughts the price of the humble peanut has gone from $450 a ton to $1,150 a ton in a single year? What was once a staple of the poverty diet is now perilously close to becoming a foodstuff only affordable by the lower-lower-middle class. The WSJ reports:

Wholesale prices for big-selling Jif are going up 30% starting in November, while Peter Pan will raise prices as much as 24% in a couple weeks...Skippy [prices] are 30% to 35% higher than a year ago. Kraft Foods Inc., which launched Planters peanut butter in June, is raising prices 40% on Oct. 31

Forty percent! Peanut butter price futures turn out to have been America's best investment."

So if you're a peanut butter fan...better shop soon before it goes up!! I remember someone being a real fan of it on here but couldn't remember who it was...I need to get here more often...maybe if I EVER FINISH THIS FRICKING HOUSE PROJECT...(yes I screamed it cause it's gonna be the death of me!!)

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!