SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Tile guy did a great job EXCEPT did not clean tiles...

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

The new tile guy's diagonal design is beautiful and I love the color of the Mushroom grout that I chose. I love the Akoya Bone Tiles and I am amazed at how much bigger my two very tiny foyers look.

However, the tile guy refused to clean with the vinegar and water solution and would not listen to the directions on the Latricrete SpectraLOCK Grout and told me that it was clean with just water. My friend who hires tile guys for the Mall he manages came by tonight an hour after the tile guy left and told me that the tile job was very nice but he agrees sticky with a haze on it and tomorrow, I should try to clean it with a sponge and vinegar and water solution. Any particular type of sponge I should use? Should I try to not touch the grout?

Also John says I am wrong and that the tile guy was right to not put a transitional piece between the tile and rug and told me it was a carpet guy's job or a wood floor guy's job. I had a wood piece in-between the damaged wood foyer floors and the carpet and now I have a cement floor showing and space there.

The tile guy told me he would put a metal piece there until I had the time (looks like now not until my tax season ends since the tiling job took so many months to get started and finished and I am too stressed to move anything out of file cabinets right now)to do the wood floors but then changed his mind.

The tile guy called me back tonight and for $100 he would come back to do the two areas with the transition piece if I bought the metal piece.

I will send pics tomorrow or later tonight. I am so tired tonight.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths