SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prtyof4

New Trane system needed, quote review and insight

prtyof4
12 years ago

Would like an opinion of the following quote: The house is 3100 sq feet, no basement and about an hour northwest of Atlanta. Have NG hot water heater and furnaces currently and gas logs that are for looks mostly : ) Lots of single paned wooden windows....duct work has been inspected and recently cleaned and is fine. We may need to add one or two returns, at a cost of $150 each...Several techs have all advised a heat pump to have the dual fuel option and ALL advised the variable speed furnace..We usually have fairly mild winters and hot, somewhat humid summers. We will be in the house at least 10 more years. We requested Trane quotes because it is what we have now (but 20 yrs old!!) and we want something very reliable and long lasting.

Trane XL16i 3.0 Ton Dual Fuel Heat Pump System

Trane XL16i Heat Pump System

4TWX6036 Heat Pump

4TXCB036BC Evaporator Coil

TUD2B080A9V36 Furnace

Includes (if necessary):

Condenser Pad

1" Filter Rack

Honeywell IAQ Thermostat

Drain Pan

Water Safety Switch

All Labor

Warranty:

12 Year Compressor

10 Year Evaporator Coil

Lifetime Year Heat Exchanger

10 Year Parts

10 Year vendor Labor with on-going vendor Preventative Maintenance Agreement, they also say they will replace the entire unit if the compressor goes out within the first five years

Trane XL16i 2.0 Ton Dual Fuel Heat Pump System

Trane XL16i Heat Pump System

4TWX6024 Condenser

4TXCB025BC Evaporator Coil

TUD2B060A9V36 Furnace

Includes (if necessary):

Condenser Pad

1" Filter Rack

Honeywell IAQ Thermostat

Drain Pan

Water Safety Switch

All Labor

Warranty:

12 Year Compressor

10 Year Evaporator Coil

Lifetime Year Heat Exchanger

10 Year Parts

10 Year vendor Labor with on-going Preventative Maintenance Agreement

Replace current 2 system HVAC with 2 Premium Dual Fuel Trane XL16i 2-stage heat pumps, variable speed/2-stage XV80 Trane gas furnace. Current downstairs thermostat will be relocated to wall in den (approx 12" from current)

Also includes touich screen programmable thermostat, new pad, correctly sized outdoor breaker box, mastic seal all connections, aux. drain pan w/safety, rework flue to code, Ultravation 5" media filter, complete start up, all labor, warranty.

The total is $13,800....does this seem reasonable? It is a lot of money so we want to make an informed decision.

It does include a Ultravation air cleaner unit which they install on all their jobs apparently and as stated above, what appears to be a no hassle compressor warranty. Are there any extended warranties that are worth pursuing also, or do they run concurrent and are not a good use of $$$.

Also includes touich screen programmable thermostat, new pad, correctly sized outdoor breaker box, mastic seal all connections, aux. drain pan w/safety, rework flue to code, Ultravation 5" media filter, complete start up, all labor, warranty.

Comments (12)