SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jawhitti

Feedback on Trane quote for 5-ton + 3-ton system?

jawhitti
11 years ago

I am replacing two systems in my house. Would anyone care to give feedback on this deal? I want to get it done in the next few weeks. I was going to look at other manufacturers but unless I'm going to save a LOT of money I'm not that inclined to. Humidity in the house has been a problem this year so I am excited at the idea of dehumidify on demand.

Yes we did a manual J and a manual D and yes the capacities and ductwork seem to be up to scratch (with some minor duct adjustment in the basement). The house is an old (at least 40 years old) 3700sqft ranch in St. Louis with a gigantic great room with a vaulted ceiling as the main part of the house. The bedrooms are actually reminiscent of a 70's ranch-style house.

The 5-ton system will service the great room/kitchen den (which is the bulk of the square footage) and the 3-ton will service the bedrooms.

Here's the quote - it doesn't seem all that ridiculous to me but would be interested in what you all think.

System 1:

4TWX5060 (5 ton X15i)

TUD2C100A9V5 80% 100kbtu VS furnace)

4TXCC060 Coil

$8800

System 2

4TWX5036 (3 ton X15i)

TUD2B080A9V3 (80% 80kbtu VS furnace)

4TXCB036 coil

$7300

The whole system comes out to around 16k, to include honeywell visionpro IAQ tstats and I think 4" or 5" media filters. Installer swears current lineset is sufficient. so no new lineset or electrical work needed. I think I can get around 1200 in rebates for this system (16.5 SEER) which would bring the cost don to more like 14k.

Comments (5)