SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

How Did You Learn to Cook?

Jasdip
12 years ago

Mom was a great cook, but she didn't teach me how to cook growing up, and I didn't bother asking.

When I got married (the first time), I was 20 and learned through cookbooks. My shower gift Mom gave me was the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, the plaid binder. I still have it.

Then I was single for 15 years. I cooked for myself, as opposed to eating a sandwich at the kitchen counter. I enjoyed making meals.

Then I met my Hubby #2. When we got married, he would come in and take over from what I was doing "I'd do it this way" etc etc. I think he did this 3 times, and I told him he could do the cooking from then on, and he did!!

I cooked very little for the 10 years we were married. And any time I did, he made me nervous, even though I'm a good cook.

I'm now with my sweetie. He loves my cooking, and I really love to cook for him. I like trying new recipes and he's open to anything I make. What a difference. I enjoy it again.

I think cooking is along the lines of "if you don't use it, you lose it." I wasn't sure I knew how to cook much, after not doing it for a while, but it does come back, or you're never too old to learn.

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022