Lorna Doone like shortbread cookies?
15 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
- 15 years ago
Related Discussions
Lemon Cookies....HELP!!!!
Comments (9)I made these last week and am making more tomorrow... Just use reg lemon, doesn't have to be Meyer Lemons. Meyer Lemon Icebox Cookies Yield: 30-50 cookies 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened 1 cup sugar 1 tsp vanilla 1 ½ tbs freshly grated Meyer Lemon rind  about 3 lemons ¼ cup fresh lemon juice 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 ½ tsp double acting baking powder ½ tsp baking soda ¼ tsp salt ConfectionerÂs sugar for sifting over the cookies Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In and electric mixer bowl, cream together well the butter and the sugar. Add the vanilla, the rind and the lemon juice, beating until smooth. Add the flour, the baking powder, soda and salt and blend well. On a piece of wax paper, form the dough into a log 1 ½ inches in diameter, using the paper as a guide. Chill the log, wrapped in the wax paper for 2 hours. Cut the log into 1/8 inch slices with a clean sharp knife and bake about 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheet in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are just golden. Transfer the cookies with a metal spatula to racks to cool and sift the confectionerÂs sugar lightly over them. I made a frosting with confectioner's sugar, little butter and lemon juice. Nancy...See MorePaula, I tried one of your cookies!
Comments (4)That's a classic recipe and that particular version is from King Arthur so I'm sure they'll be great. Now I wish I had made them this year. I made Welsh cookies, fruit cake, snickerdoodles, coconut-corn flake cookies, chocolate chip brownies, thumbprints, gingerbread men, white chocolate cranberry cookies, graham cracker chewies, South Sea cookies, sugar cookies, peppermint bark, crispy truffles, crispy chocolates, rum balls, chocolate and caramel covered Lorna Doones and pretzels, all since Saturday while working full-time. I didn't make spritz since I broke my cookie press but a co-worker who knew this bought me a cookie press today so now I have to make those too (they're Nick's favorite)....See More~*~Please share your Fancy T&T Cookies & Candy recipes~*~
Comments (26)I usually post on The Diet Chat, but since these aren't diet-friendly LOL, I am posting them here. They are quick and easy and look good. PECAN CARAMEL BROWNIE CUPS 18-22 individually wrapped choc. covered caramels (Milky Way Chocolate Covered Caramels work best!) Mini-fluted foil or paper baking cup liners ½ C butter (1 stick) 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped (I use the pre-melted NestléÂs*) 1 C sugar 1 tsp. vanilla 2 large eggs ½ C flour ¼ tsp. salt Pecan halves 1 bar (1.55 oz.) milk chocolate (optional) 1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Unwrap caramels and cut each in half with sharp knife. Line mini muffin tins with paper or foil liners. (Make sure to use liners in muffin cups; brownies will stick to pan, even if well greased.) 2. In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter with unsweetened chocolate in microwave oven on High 1 minute; stir until smooth. (*30 sec. On high if using the pre-melted choc.) 3. With wire whisk, beat sugar, vanilla and eggs into melted chocolate mixture until blended. Whisk in flour and salt until smooth. Spoon batter by rounded measuring teaspoons into prepared muffin-pan cups. Top each with a caramel half and a pecan half (or quarter), lightly pressing caramel into the batter. 4. Bake brownie cups 10-12 minutes or until brownies are firm when lightly pressed. Do not over cook or they will be dry. Cool brownies in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack. 5. In microwave-safe cup, melt milk chocolate in microwave oven on High 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Place brownies on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Pour milk chocolate into small self-sealing plastic bag. Snip 1 corner to make a 1/16-inch opening and drizzle chocolate over brownies. Refrigerate brownies 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store brownies in tightly covered container, with waxed paper between layers, at room temperature up to 1 week, or in freezer up to 3 months. Makes 36  44 mini brownie cups. You could melt white chocolate to drizzle over the top to give them a different look. Or tint the white chocolate green or red for a festive look....See MoreISO: Stupid-simple but easy-tasty baked goods for people who...
Comments (40)I used to participate in the work cookie exchange. I slaved over making my family spritz recipe. Only to find that I didn’t like anyone else’s cookies but my own. Half the people brought chocolate chip cookies, which are NOT Christmas cookies in my mind. I no longer work there. Now spritz is just for family. Then I found out my son was bring the cookies to the hospital where the staff could help themselves. He said the cookies were inhaled in seconds, “They’ll eat anything!” he laughed. Sorry, if people eat my cookies just because they are hungry, that’s not my audience. I started giving him a lot less so he would have just enough for himself and his wife. Maybe I am selfish but so be it. I work too hard on them for that. My DIL agreed that she would no longer make cookies for the hospital. Unless they were a recipe that turned out not to suit her taste. She reported that even the cookies that did not turn out in her new oven were inhaled. My niece came to my house for lessons in how to make them. She reported that she couldn’t get the hang of it. Now, THAT is someone who I will gladly give spritz to: she knows what goes into it....See More- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago

Fori