SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
herdftblfan

Advice on HVAC system for new home...

herdftblfan
14 years ago

Hello! I've been building a new home (slowly) since September. My dad who is a retired contractor is doing most everything but he is not an HVAC expert. I've been reading this forum for months and have found TONS of advice on here. We've actually changed a few things after reading over here.

Anyway, I've decided it's time for me to post, though, because I want some advice on my HVAC quote. I have gotten a few others as well but the most competitive AND the guy we felt the most comfortable with is quoting a Trane. To me, it looks great but then I started reading this forum about variable speed handlers, etc. and thought to myself... maybe it's time to make my first post and solicit advice.

So here you go! Any help you can offer is appreciated!

Cut & Paste:

We hereby propose the following: Install two (2) complete HVAC systems in the above new home. Both will consist of Trane heat pumps, insulated metal main ducts, foil flex branch runs, floor registers on the first floor, ceiling registers on the second floor and wall mounted registers on the third floor. The second and third floor will be conditioned by one (1) Trane 2.5 ton, 13 SEER, R410A heat pump, model number 4TWB3030A1000A with matching air handler model number 4TEC3F30B1000A with 10KW auxiliary strip heat. There will be four (4) returns on the second floor and one (1) in the bonus room. There will be two (2) supplies in the bonus room and eight (8) supplies on the second floor. The first floor will be conditioned by one (1) Trane 2.0 ton, 13 SEER, R410A, heat pump model number 4TWB3024A1000A with a 2.0 ton air handler model number 4TEC3F24B1000A with 10KW of auxiliary heat. The air handler and insulated ductwork will be in the crawl space under the floor. There will three (3) returns and nine (9) supplies. Both condensing units will be mounted on pads on the right side of the house, each system will be controlled by Trane digital thermostats model number TCONT401AN21MA. All work will be performed in a safe professional timely manner. We will keep our work areas neat and clean up after ourselves. Our company has liability and workers compensation insurance. Our WV contractors license is WV041964 and we will get all appropriate permits. Others are to do power wiring, we will terminate and provide outside disconnects and whips. Plumbers are to provide drains for condensate within ten (10) feet of the air handlers.

Warranty: Liberty Air warrants 2 YEARS on all phases of our job.

Trane warrants compressor for 10 years and all other functional parts for 5 years.

You will also be registered in the limited number Scooter drawing.

Price quoted over the phone was $13,410.00. But to let you know I really want to do this job for you I am lowering it to $12,725.00

All material is guaranteed to be as specified, and the above work to be performed in accordance with the drawings and specifications (if available) submitted for the above work and completed in a substantial workmanlike manner for the sum of Twelve Thousand Seven Hundred and Twenty Five and 00/100 dollars ($12,725.00). With payments to be made as follows: 50% upon delivery of equipment, 50% upon completion.

Comments (6)