SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Laurie_2008 or tile knowledgeable posters

susanlynn2012
12 years ago

I am finding out finding kitchen cabinets that include removing the old cabinets, the soffits, unplugging the appliances and plumbing, installing the tiles, changing the fixture to recessed lighting and then installing the cabinets, installing the crown molding and plugging back in the appliances and plumbing is coming to more money than I ever imagined. I would like to wait until after my busy season to find my own installers and start over again BUT I would like to at least get rid of the huge box fluorescent light that keeps flickering and humming and install recessed lights as well as install the tiles so I have these two things less to do. The Linoleum floor is shot and I want my tiles down.

Installers keep telling me to find new cabinets are be stuck with what I got and stain or paint them and add hardware since it will be difficult after I install the tiles.

One installer has not gotten back to me but has told me that he can tile under the Range and the dishwasher will be a problem since it is such a tight fit and he will speak to his plumber friend.

The two quotes I got in October for so much money from two tile installers that knew what they were doing said they could unscrew the front of the dishwasher and install the tile there but not go under since there is not enough room under the dishwasher. They told me to look for new cabinets first to be sure. I have looked and the cabinet places and big box stores make me wait for about 2 weeks for exact measurements and then 2 more weeks for measurements to install and then the cabinets plus total installation price triples.

Would it be alright to do the electrical right now and tile the floors but call if there are more boxes to have on hand for replacing the cabinets if I decide not to paint the cabinets to have more funds to buy what I want after my busy season? I do not want the tiles to sit around and with them installed, I would have a better idea which white I want or if I would be happy with a cherry stained cabinet once I have better lighting in the kitchen.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012