SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Tile Size for very small foyers plus information on Rialto Beige

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

I went to Lowe's with 2 of the darker and more gray Rialto Beige tiles from the new 7 boxes of tiles and the 2 lighter tiles that I had used as samples that made me fall in love with the Rialto Beige tiles that are a light beige and a light brown with the faintest gray lines in them and the pit design is the prettiest.

The employees at Lowe's agreed that the colors did not match and had sold out on the lighter tiles. Everyone that passed by the tiles I put on the floor voted for th lighter tiles but they are not at the store anymore so that is not a choice.

All their tiles on the shelves in the 12 X 12 were the darker Rialto Beige with more gray in it in the same lot# I have at home in the 7 boxes.

The Rialto Beige 16 X 16 tiles were gorgeous and matched the lighter 12 X 12 two tiles I brought with me. If I use the 16 X 16 tiles, in a 4" X 4.33" foyer (either 17.32 sq. ft or 20 sq ft if I am supposed to round all numbers upwards... I am not sure) , I would only be able to fit 4 big tiles and many cut in between but not have much grout to clean.

In the middle foyer, I have 39 square feet including the small space inside the small closet. The 12 X 12 on the diagonal really looks nice but then I would want to return the 7 boxes for the slightly lighter and slightly less gray new batch they have way up high that they let me buy one box of that is not as pretty as the lighter tiles and the pit and vein design is not as pretty as the 7 boxes I now have in the darker Rialto Beige tile but the coloring is less gray and I like it better when sitting at my desk looking at my front foyer.

In the light tomorrow, I will look again since it was close to 7 PM when I got home from Lowe's and dark outside since I had to wait over 1 hour for someone to get me the newest lot# and then I wasn't sure if the difference in shades was worth exchanging tiles since the new lot# was still not as pretty and not as light as the 2 older tiles I have here from over a month ago that are a lot that Lowe's ran out of.

I could try other Lowe's stores out but I have a lot of work to do that I must get back to.

So should I buy the 16 X 16 tiles and not care that there will be hardly any tiles with little grout since they are the color I like or should I exchange the 7 boxes of the 12 X 12 tiles I have here now for the slightly less gray with slightly more beige than brown in the tiles at Lowe's tomorrow? I then have to have an installer come here to measure but I heard (when I was looking at hardwood flooring as I was waiting for the employee to get me new tiles from the newer lot) that for hardwood flooring it takes 30 days the whole process so I wonder how long it takes for tiles?

Maybe for my kitchen, I could go with bigger tiles but I am not sure how these big tiles would look in such small foyer areas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link where pics of a bathroom with different size tiles

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths