SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Grout Color choice for Rialto Beige Tiles

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

I posted this on the Kitchen Forum and a post within this post shows on the Flooring Forum. I am not getting enough responses and I would like to have more opinions to make the best decision before the tile guy arrives tonight.

Finally the tile guy is coming tonight to look over the area I am going to tile again and make sure I have all the supplies for him to get started and I am hoping he can start tonight since I have waited so long for my two foyer areas to be done before I do the kitchen next and then the hardwood floors in the three rooms downstairs.

I am using Rialto Beige 12 X 12 tiles for my two foyer areas. I have three bags here of the Latricrete Sanded grout, each bag is a different color since I was not sure which color would be best to use. I will return the bags I do not open.

Mushroom, Marble Beige and Parchment Latricrete sanded grout colors I chose unless I am overlooking another better color? I like my tiles and grout to match as close as possible.

I saw pics of the Mushroom in the link below which to me looks very nice but in the pics someone posted it seems the the grout dried lighter than the sample that seems to match my tile unless it is because the Spectralock was used. I like the mushroom color on the grout color chart I have here that seems to go with the tile nicely without being too gray or too dark. But if the color is going to dry lighter, maybe I should use the Parchment color that is darker than the tile's brown color but could dry lighter to match the tile (see pics in the links I posted in the link to the post below if you have time)?

I think do not want my grout to be darker than my tiles in my two foyer areas but I also do not want it to be much lighter and have problems keeping it clean since I have a home office with a lot of people stopping in during my busy time of the year that is coming up.

In the second foyer areas between the bathroom, utility room, coat closet and garage, I will have two puppy pad trays there when I am not home and if the small 4 lb to 7.5 lb dogs miss the pads, then I will have pee to clean up. If I am home, they make outside in my fenced in back yard.

The marble beige color looked nice at the Lowe's display but in my house, it appears to have a gray tint which is not what I want. I would prefer to bring out the beige in the tile and not the gray veins. Life would be easy if I loved the color gray since that is a nice neutral color that is not too dark or light.

I am putting a link below from my other post where I have links to pictures I found on the Internet with the Parchment grout and other color grouts with the tile.

I know monitors can be deceiving and colors around the tile do affect colors that are seen but this is all I have to make a decision.

Any opinions from those who worked with these tiles or have them in their home (was planning on sealing the grout afterwards unless I should buy the SpectraLock Pro grout that I read is more difficult to use on pitted tiles) or from people looking at the pictures would be helpful. I must do the foyer areas first so the damaged engineered oak floors can be removed that are warped, discolored and poked up from the water damage from my central air conditioner unit failing on me. Then I will get back to doing the rest of my home where furniture has to be moved and my life more disrupted to change the floors.

Thank you so much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Post on Flooring Forum about Grout Color for Rialto Beige Tiles

Here is a link that might be useful: Link with mushroom grout & Rialto Beige Pics & Link to Parchment & other grout colors for pics inside the post

Comments (4)