SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviamohawk76

Need two new Heat Pumps - comparing Trane / Carrier / Lennox

sylviamohawk76
12 years ago

I have read with interest previous posts regarding the 3 brands I have listed in my subject line. These are the brands that were recommended to me for comparison as the top brands in quality.

I got a lot of good information from your posts and have some ideas of what to look for in the units and what to compare between them. Howvever, I am a single mom and I don't want to be taken advantage of by a salesman.

Can you give me some advice on appropriate questions to ask the dealer / sales person?

I have a two story house at just under 3,200 sf. I have two units which are 16 years old and both have leaks in the coils of the air handlers. My electric bill is budgeted at $350.00 / month.

The first floor is about 1400 s.f. and uses a 2.5 ton Trane XL 1000 HP.

The second floor is about 1800 s.f. and uses a 3 ton Trane XL 1000 HP.

I am planning to install 15 seer units. Price will play a big part in my decision as this is going to be a very expensive repair / purchase. I live in central Florida and a/c is used the most with the heat being used less than 14 days or so per year.

I read on one of the posts that Trane's higher price may be due to their advertising. Do you agree?

Comments (3)