SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipes, if you'll share yours -January 16, 2010

luckygardnr
14 years ago

Zucchini and Red Bell Pepper Pasta

Fast, healthy and filling! It will take longer for the pasta to cook than the vegetables. Don't let the simplicity of the dish trick you, it's loaded with flavor. Using the freshest vegetables and a GOOD wedge of young Parmesan makes this dish a hit with everyone.

HERE'S ALL IT TAKES

⢠linguine cooked according to the package directions

⢠1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

⢠1/4 cup onion, chopped

⢠2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced

⢠1 large zucchini, quartered then cut into 3/4-inch pieces

⢠1 red bell pepper, chopped

⢠salt & fresh ground pepper

⢠1 small wedge Parmesan, freshly shredded

Go ahead and chop the vegetables while you're waiting for the pasta water to boil. I recommend start sauting the vegetables after the dried pasta has been added to the boiling pasta water.

For the vegetables

In a medium saute pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil then add the chopped onions. Cook until they begin to soften. Add the minced garlic, cook 1 to 2 minutes then finally add the zucchini and red bell pepper. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Quickly toss and coat the vegetables, cooking 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle the vegetables with shredded Parmesan, as much as you care to taste. Add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the sauted vegetables to prevent cheese from sticking. Cover pan and turn off heat. Leave in pan until pasta is drained and ready to eat.

After draining the pasta, drizzle it with a little olive oil, top with cooked vegetables then add a little more Parmesan for garnish. You're Ready to Eat

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals