SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Question about LinkedIn

Jamie
10 years ago

I believe I started to sign up for this years ago (at least 10 years ago), but as usual when they started demanding a lot of info I just stopped the process. I still get emails and usually ignore them. About a year ago I got a "request to join my network" from a very close friend. Our friendship preceeds all these kind of social networks and although we talk about our work concerns sometimes we don't "network" at all. I thought maybe she was changing the game, so I bit and accepted the request and looked at her picture. I couldn't do much else because I wasn't all signed up and registered or whatever. Some time later I mentioned it to her, and she said she never made the request. I figured that the email had fooled me and vowed not to respond again. I had never looked for this friend on LinkedIn.

I get these every now and them from people with whom I have worked in the past, and I ignore them.

But today I got one from someone with the name of a really, really, old, lost friend from before the days we even had careers.

So I'm wondering... are these things generated by some smart LinkedIn engine that knows I searched for the old friend once upon a time?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!