SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosewitch49

Nigel Slater cookbooks?

rosewitch
12 years ago

Wondering if anyone here has or have read any of Nigel Slater's cookbooks?

At the moment I am working my way through "Tender: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch". I am enjoying it very much. His gardening notes about each vegetable, from garden to the kitchen and the cooking tips and choices as he uses them in his cooking has me longing for spring even more. I want to plant more vegetables so I can have them fresh and with less of the chemicals used on vegetables from the supermarket.

It's a hefty book with over 600 pages. Rather heavier than my usual book of choice for bedtime reading. But a late in the night page-turner none the less. And as this book was edited for the American reader; I like that the measurements are familiar and he notes the US cultivars with asterisks.

So far I have found several things I want to make. And much to my surprise, I now want to try again a few vegetables that I decided during childhood that I would never eat when I grew up!

Since I am trying to add more vegetables to my diet and needed some new ideas this book was a good choice for me.

Kat

Comments (4)