SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark40511

Problem with my HVAC......Advice

mark40511
14 years ago

I live in a 1375 sq ft single story home built in 2004. I'm all electric and the unit is a Trane. First problem was two summers ago; air conditioning went out...had a service call......the company replaced a capacitor (220) dollars .........2 months later.......I had to have another service call.......AC went out again.....this time it was a tube in the outside unit that holds the coolant had developed a leak because of vibration (it was rubbing up against something)....the was 550 dollars...........So at this point, I got on the yearly maintenance plan where they do a spring/fall checkup each year for 199 a year.....so now we are in winter......had the fall checkup this past NOV 2009, everything checked ok........I've noticed my electric bill has doubled and couldn't figure out why...........Fast forward to today..........I go to make coffee......the coffee maker wasn't working..........I thought a breaker had tripped.......I go out to the breaker box and notice that one of the HVAC breakers had tripped.....I tried to flip it back on and it would NOT stay on........I called the company I have service with (same company that installed the unit originally) and she said it sounded like I've been running on auxiliary heat......she asked if the unit outside was running......When I go out the check it, it just has a slight hum to it.....so she scheduled an appt for this Monday........Does anyone have any clue what could be wrong based on the info I've given? Thanks

Comments (22)