SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

GTKY: My Perfect Lazy Summer Day

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

It's a lovely Summer day here and as I sit outside on my front portal (covered porch) I got to thinking about what my perfect summer day would be. What would yours be? Nothing grandiose, like boating on the Seine, but a typical, perfect lazy Summer day???

So, copy & paste the questions below and fill in the blanks.

Lynn

1) On my perfect lazy Summer day, I would be where:

2) I would be doing what?

3) Listening to what?

4) Seeing what?

5) Wearing what?

6) My perfect Summer's day drink beside me would be:

7) My ideal meal there would be:

8) I would be with:

My Answers:

1) On my perfect lazy Summer day, I would be where: Sitting on my shady covered front portal(porch)

2) I would be doing what? rereading Frances Maye's "Under The Tuscan Sun" (a great summer read IMO)

3) Listening to what? Nothing but the birds chirping in the trees and the hummingbirds buzzing around the feeders.

4) Seeing what? The mountains in front of me and the mesas off in the distance to the west

5) Wearing what? White (I LOVE white!). . . comfy white cotton shorts and a loose white cotton top with bare feet

6) My perfect Summer's day drink beside me would be:Watermelon agua fresca

7) My ideal meal there would be: a chilled shrimp salad on a bed of baby greens, a slice of Trader Joe's warm truffle & wild mushroom flatbread, a nice carafe of chilled prosecco and for dessert, a slice of real Key Lime pie . . . hey, this is supposed to be "ideal", which means no calorie counting (LOL!)

8) I'd be with: as much as I love my family, I'd be all by myself so that I could truly relax and do what I wanted to, when I wanted to ;^D

Lynn

Comments (22)