SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyn47

Need help on decision for heat pump/air handler

lyn47
16 years ago

I am needing to replace my old heat and a/c units. I have received 2 proposals, Lennox and Trane.

I don't know much about heating/cooling systems to know which one would be the best. My house is 1250 sq ft/ 1 story and my electric bill averages around $2400 a year. I live in Texas.

Lennox quoted a price of $7843 (Includes $1700 discount)

heat pump is a XP13-036

air handler is a CBX32M-036

included was a heat strip (15kw); Pure Air system with a UV filtration. They are to reseal all of my existing duct work; install 1 new air supply vent; move my T-statt to the hallway. Also the air handler will be suspended from the rafters. The salesman also states he can only give me 48 hours to decide because new systems will be coming in shortly at a 10 to 20% increase.

Trane quoted me a price of $5200 + $200 to replace copper lines + $250 for a hepa type filter system.

XR13 heat pump with a variable speed air handler which he said would bring the SEER to 14. He will add another air return and switch duct lines in the bedrooms and possibly moving some others for even flow, insulate boots, wyes and seal ducts, move the T-stat location with new T-stat and suspend air handler from rafters.

I thought about the Trane, but when I called Lennox to say no, the man said I might want ot investigate the spine fin coil that is on the Trane.

I really need some input from others that have been in similar situations.

Thanks

lyn47

Comments (6)