SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gonx_gw

Heat pump air handler...

13 years ago

I hope someone here can help me out. 3 season's ago we installed a new heat pump. The guy that did the job, did not install a new air handler. Since the day it went in I knew there was something wrong. I've had multiple repair men out and have been told everything from there's nothing wrong to replace the whole system. I cannot afford to do that at this time.

The issue I have is when the heat is on, the temp stays fine and it cycles on and off. It's now come to my attention that I've probably been using straight electric for much of the time. When the ac is on I set it at 74 and it gets as high as 81-83 in the house and it runs constantly. My electric bills are huge.

The most recent technician I had out here to check it out, told me the air handler was the problem...not enough force. I need a variable speed handler. This makes sense to me, cuz the force of the air is terrible.

Here's my question, can you replace the air handler without replacing the "outside" unit?

The guy that originally installed, is no where to be found so going back to him isn't an option. I can swing a new air handler, but not a whole new system. And the one I have isn't old, it's fairly new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!