SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Do you remember when....

igloochic
17 years ago

I remember the days when I used to collect glass. I started with antique canning jars, had dozens of them...then I moved to depression glass. Pink and Green mostly, but the occasional pressed piece as well. Then it was venetian glass, beautiful stuff, delicate and each piece individually blown....sigh

Antique jewelry, I have several pieces of it...somewhere. They're in a safe place while we cut holes in the wall where they don't belong, just to see what's behind the drywall.

Now I collect paint. By the pints and gallons. I have more pint size paint samples than Home Depot has 2x4's. Oddly enough, some of the walls in my home look like a patchwork quilt of 4x4 paint samples...quincidence???

I also collect paint brushes. Nothing excites me more than the feel of a professional quality chisel trimmed nylon brush in the palm of my hand. I don't own one brush, I own many brushes, because being the impulsive paint sampler that I am, I can't wait to clean one and let it dry before I dip it in another can of paint to attempt to find the perfect color to go with that danged taupe couch I got on sale at the leather shop 3 years ago.

Thank God wide belts are back in style. I prefer a six loop belt with room for both a caulking gun and a hammer, but in a pinch, you can pair a prada skirt with a 9 loop leather number and pull it off if your pumps aren't too high.

My coffee cups all rest on granite samples. And oddly enough, each coffee cup comes from a home show I attended somewhere, sometime, in search of the perfect scheme to go with a taupe leather couch....

Tools are starting to enter my dreams lately. A neumatic nail gun that won't break a french manicure would be an invention of the gods. Probably more successful than post-it-notes...

I purchased a briefcase of drill bits last week. Does anyone need 30 different phillips heads? I think they're packaging them in larger packages just to save me time to collect....

Sinks...I have five sinks sitting in the living room. We used to host wine tastings, now I suppose we could host hand washing parties. The faucets are piled next to them...

I'd like to go back to collecting antique jewelry....but I saw the COOLEST FAUCET....oh never mind!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022