SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smounts

Replacing Heat pump with forced air

smounts
15 years ago

Hi, I'm sure I'm not going to have all the info needed but I will pose my question and follow up with additional info if requested.

We want to replace our heat and AC with a new, efficient system. Our house has a York Heat exchanger system that was original to the house which was built 22 years ago. My neighbor has been here since the development was built and has the same unit so I am pretty sure he is telling the truth when he says it is that old.

Currently we have a heat pump (?) system, electric for the air and the heat. Our electric usage is absurd which is why we are looking to upgrade/replace. I want to get away from the heat exchanger system and use what I have always had, central air and gas forced air furnace. My question is how much should something like this cost to replace? Ballpark, I just don't want to get over charged when I start getting estimates. The house is 1900 sq ft split, 3 bedrooms 1 bath upstairs, 2 family rooms, formal living room, dining room, kitchen, 1/2 bath downstairs. Half of a basement. Gas line is already run to the house in basement for hot water heater, basement is also where the current unit resides, with a fan (condenser?) unit out back. Any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sam

Comments (7)