SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracyandwarren

Help with quotes for new construction

tracyandwarren
14 years ago

I've learned so much reading this forum and I really appreciate the feedback to my other question about keeping a small room a set temp. We now have quotes from our builder's HVAC contractor and I'd love to get some feedback on the options presented.

We're located near Philadelphia, PA and this is a 2-story, 3000 sq. ft house. We're mostly concerned with having good control and efficiently maintaining temps upstairs and downstairs (and in a smaller office downstairs).

Here are the 3 options presented: (In each case the price is the upgrade price from the standard which is a single stage, single speed, non-zoned, 13 SEER system.)

-------------

Option 1:

* Rough Ductwork from 1st and 2nd floors to basement

* 2-Metal Uninsulated supply and 1-return ducting 2-zone system

* Gas furnace: Payne: 92% Multi poise furnace: PG9MAB048080 with CNPVP048021ATA Coil

* Air conditioner: Payne 13 Seer A/C R410A: PA13NA048000

* 2-Stage Heat / 1-Stage Cool Zone panel with 2-Zone Dampers

Upgrade price: +$3550.00

Option 2:

* Additional Zone Ducting for 3rd zone

* Bryant #353AAV048080 2 Stage Heat with High Efficiency 2 Speed Variable Speed X-13 Blower Motor 80,000 BTUH Input 93% Efficiency with CNPVP048021 Coil

* Bryant #126ANA048 2 Speed Condensing Unit 4 Ton 16 SEER Legacy Series

* 2 Stage Heat / 2-Stage Cool Zone panel with 3 Zone Dampers

* This Equipment Combination Achieves 16-SEER Efficiency

Upgrade Price: + $6800.00

Option 3:

* Additional Zone Ducting for 3rd zone

* #355CAV060080 Bryant 3-Stage Heat Variable Speed Blower Gas Furnace 95% Efficienct 80,000 BTUH Input with CNPVP4821ATA Coil

* #167ANA048 Bryant Evolution Capable 4-ton 2 Speed Condensing Unit Preferred Series

* Evolution Control User Interface

* Evolution Control Zone Sensor

* Evolution Zone Controller with 3 Zone Dampers

* This Equipment Combination Achieves 16-SEER Efficiency

Upgrade Price: + $9650.00

Thanks so much for any feedback on these systems and prices! We have to decide soon as this decision is holding up our final structural options and the permit application.

Just in case it helps to see the floor plan, I'll attach that link again. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor plan

Comments (11)