SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

(Houseboat) Hostess Gift . . . Need Ideas!!!

lynninnewmexico
12 years ago

We'll be guests of friends on their (enormous) houseboat for a few days this summer and I need ideas of what to take as a hostess/host gift.

Quick background: we've known them for many years, but not extremely well. They are very wealthy, very laid back, very outgoing, very athletic, very nice, totally unpretentious and lots of fun. We've stayed with them once before on their former boat (yacht, actually) but have never seen this newest one. I just know that it's bigger with more staterooms. They don't NEED anything and I don't want to add unnecessary clutter to their boat or home. Am still not sure if we'll be driving there or flying with them (on their private jet), but I don't think whatever we end up taking should be large, bulky or fragile.

I'm thinking a few bottles of really great wine, and ???

I do know that they already have (several of) every kind of fun watercraft and water toy available, so I don't want to go in that direction.

Maybe a nice, compact game, such as Mexican Dominoes, Apples to Apples or Catch Phrase . . . but, then again, they may already them. I really have no idea!

What do you think about taking along a basket of gourmet food items that I put together myself and perhaps some breakfast things from our local French bakery? I do know that there is no help on the boat; it will just be the owners, a few of their family members and us (DH, DD and myself), so we'll all be doing any cooking and grilling ourselves. I've thought of a nice set of grilling tools. We love our (rosewood/ teak?) set from Williams-Sonoma, but since they grill out a lot on the boat, I'm thinking they may already have a good set.

Their 2 toddler grandsons will also be there. Perhaps something for them? Books?

I'm extremely frustrated trying to think of something . . . any and all ideas would be VERY, very appreciated!

Lynn

Comments (16)