SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Painting and patching. Patching and paiting.

13 years ago

How long do you wait after you paint a bathroom to put the shower curtain rod back up? I have a tension rod and was so excited to show you guys everything back together I waited maybe a day. Possibly two. Oops.

So last night when I went to lower the rod a smidge because the liner inside was a little too close to the inside/top the paint ripped off that area and a even saw some flakey drywall dust. Niiice huh? So a quickly put it back the way it was and am going to deal with it when company leaves next week.

So far I've discovered I'm terrible at patching holes and fixing these types of things. The paint always seems to flash and I can never get the area quite right.

When I hang pictures OOK hangers don't always work depending on where the hooks are on the back. You don't want to see the hangers sticking out above the picture. Sometimes also sometimes push the picture out too far from the wall. I never even worry about finding studs when hanging stuff. I always use some type of wall anchor. I moved a picture in the LR the other night and couldn't get the plastic anchor out of the wall. Oh sure, I got bits and pieces but it's in there tight and my best bet would probably be stuff it in the wall and patch over it. But again, my patch jobs seem to be less than stellar.

Anyone else have these problems and have any pointers? I think I'm going to try and use OOK hangers as much as possible. I can make those tiny holes disappear much easier than the damange from a screw.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor