SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

Fired up about the x#@% ad that keeps popping up

mamadadapaige
12 years ago

for the blasted Chinese cabinets.

I had already been a little on the war path after reading "Poorly made in China" about the unscrupulous practices I read about in the book (recommended by another GW poster and an excellent read). Now every single post on GW has these ads hawking chinese cabinets!! it is totally out of hand.

I was listening to talk radio the other night (might have been NPR) and heard about a company in France - one of the foremost truffle exporters. They are now growing truffles in China and because they are packaged in France - they can be labeled product of France... certainly not the fault of China in this case. After reading the poorly made in China book I would be hard pressed to eat anything knowingly coming out of China.

I heard another story that a town in China has been re-named Usa... so it is legal for items produced here to be labeled made in Usa. OMG... crazy! Read the book and you will see the measures taken to keep production costs to a minimum.

The tide may be turning. DH told me about a story he saw on MSNBC a couple of days ago. Apparently smaller companies are pulling out of China en masse. Larger companies where changing suppliers takes longer will start pulling out in 2015. I thought it might be quality concerns or nationalist feelings, but nah... it is just that transporting goods from China is very expensive and as well production costs are going up as China moves from being a 3rd world country to a more modern economy.

Sorry to rant, it just has been such a bee in my bonnet and these ads are SO annoying.

Comments (24)