SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

July Healthy Check-in

hhireno
10 years ago

I'm still in Europe for a few more days. I've walked, walked, walked, hiked, climbed a staircase carved into a forest hill, and walked some more.

I walked up to Neuschwanstein castle, near Munich, and my fitbit registered 86 flights of stairs that day.

One day of museums and touring in Paris was 25,000+ steps and 43 flights of stairs.

We took an open air cable car up to the top of Stanserhorn mountain (6200 feet) and walked down. It was a beautiful day with spectacular views. That hike was 14,000+ steps but I don't have the flights of stairs because ythe fitbit registers going up a flight, not going down, down, down 6200 feet in elevation.

The forest steps are known as the Thousand Steps but my BIL didn't tell me until number 600 (they are marked at every 100) that it's really 1150. It was 79 flights on my fitbit. It was quite a cardio workout and took me 26 minutes of straight stair climbing to reach the top. That doesn't sound hard but it was, the steps are uneven. We took the circuitous path back down to the bottom, instead of returning by the stairs. I'm glad I did it and would do it again.

Thanks to all the activity, my weight is down 3-4 pounds in spite of the great food and drinks.

I am sick to death of the same 8 shirts, 3 pair of pants, and 2 skirts. I look forward to getting home and wearing something different.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio