SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Healthy Check-in for September

hhireno
11 years ago

We stopped the weekly Healthy Check-in but howzabout a monthly check-in instead?

How is everyone doing? Are you making healthy choices in food, exercise, and stress reduction? Are you up-to-date on your medical exams? Any new challenges, accomplishments, or ideas to share with the rest of us?

I've been riding my bike almost every day, sometimes to the gym, sometimes as my only exercise.

Every morning I would pass the same woman who is also riding a bike. She's all decked out in biker clothes and special shoes so I guess she takes it very seriously. Me? I have a helmet, of course, but I also have a basket on the back so I'm not Lance Armstrong in training. Anyhoo, every morning I say 'Good Morning' as I pass her. And every morning she looks straight ahead like I'm invisible and does not acknowledge me, not even a nod of the head. Now we're passing each other on a small suburban street, face to face, no traffic, no noise except the birds chirping, so I refuse to believe she can't see or hear me. I decided I would continue to say GM until she acknowledged me or until she changed her route to avoid me. It took almost 3 weeks until she finally passed and gave me a terse 'Hi' to my GM. Hahahaha, I win!! But come to think of it, I haven't seen her in days. Maybe she did change her route. Or maybe she's a teacher and is back in school.

So, anyone else have an update?

Comments (10)