SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Healthy Check-In February 2015

gsciencechick
9 years ago

How is everyone doing with their healthy habits and goals for 2015? I know a lot of you have been snowed in.

February is heart month, and yesterday was Wear Red day for women and heart disease awareness.

Speaking of which, I did have my outpatient cardiac tests. I had an echocardiogram and a nuclear stress test. Both came back as normal. The techs had some concerns about my blood pressure on the test, but apparently their system was giving erratic readings that day when I talked to the nurse about the results. I was really worried about that for over a week. My max BP was actually 184/84 which is definitely reasonable. I got to my max heart rate of 171. I told the technicians I was going for it.

I had been having episodes of lightheadedness which prompted the tests. The cardiologist felt it was probably vertigo-related, but I am glad he ordered the tests. I may still need to see someone for the vertigo. There are physical therapists who specialize in that. So, I'll need to follow up with my primary care doc although the past few days I've really been feeling much better with this. I was just telling DH I feel very clear-headed the past couple of days.

My resting blood pressures have been excellent. I've been monitoring it three times per day. I've also lost about 4 lbs. this month, so I am very happy about that, too. I've got a conference early April, and I would really like to be down 10 lbs. by then.

All my other blood values were normal. I do need to get my Vitamin D level retested.

DH and I gave up alcohol for the month of January, but given my lightheadedness, it was not a good idea for me to drink anyways. I've really upped my fruits and vegetables following the DASH diet recommendations. I am tracking with Weight Watchers and using my FitBit and Polar HR monitor.

Hang in there everyone! Our weekend here is supposed to be gorgeous, nearly 60 degrees and sunny, so I will be sure to get outside (and get some VitaminD!).

Comments (5)