SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Healthy Check-in February 2014

hhireno
10 years ago

I started the healthy month thread with an explanation about why I haven't had my bloodwork yet and the computer crashed and I lost it. :-(

I'll skip the long explanation and just say I'll be doing the bloodwork later this month when I have a drug screening urinalysis for a volunteer job I'm pursuing.

Here's my update:
I've been doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) with the rowing machine. I alternate 20 seconds moderate effort with 10 seconds full out for 10 minutes. Oddly, even though I'm watching the clock the time goes faster than when I alternated 2 minutes moderate and 1 minute hard. It's not easy to maintain full effort for a full minute (so I know I would slack off) but for 10 seconds it's doable. I'm not sure how I will monitor my improvement. I guess I'll measure myself (waist, hips, etc) and look for a change in those numbers.

The increase in hours of sunlight certainly improves my mental health. A few days of 40 degree temperatures meant I was able to walk outside. Unfortunately, they're calling for another snow storm tomorrow. I'm tired of getting my workouts from shoveling. Enough already, it's bumming me out.

Anyone have any specific goals for this month?

Comments (18)