SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

How does your garden grow?

neetsiepie
11 years ago

DH and I were out in the veggie garden tonight and I'm sooo disappointed! We have loads of teeny tiny green tomatoes. HUGE summer squash. Baseball sized cabbages, bolted broccoli and spinach. Peppers are teeny and the pole beans are just starting to flower. Beets did nothing worth writing home about. We've picked lots of zucchini and cukes, but the other types of squashes are all tiny still. The only thing we've consistently been able to pick is lettuce, and it's still going strong.

We got only a few raspberries (the dogs ate most of them that actually fruited) and no blueberries. The pear tree will have a bumper crop, however. I've noticed that the blackberry bushes around everywhere are loaded with puny little green berries...they'll never get big & juicy at this rate.

We're hoping we get an Indian summer...it's been unseasonably cool this year. I don't think we've been to 90 yet at all this year. My flowers love it, but if we had to live off our land for food this year, we'd be going hungry!

What's it like in your neck of the woods?

Comments (4)