SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimrac

I am wondering whats going here

jimrac
11 years ago

HI all, thanks for advice in advance. Here are the facts..

We replaced our 1964 federal natural gas boiler, circulator pumps, and water heater this year. The house has 4 zones; modified split level. Based upon plumber recommend, we went with WMClein, I think CG6 or 6A or something along those lines, with valves insteda of pumps, and also, and indirect water heater...

Now, I have no problem getting the thermostats in 3 of the zones to hit their desired temperatue (73).. we have been keeping on the warmer side due to the recent cold snap here in the northeast...It has been getting below zero to 10 degrees at night..The 3 zones are the main living area, a family room, and the basement room..

Now, the 4th zone seemed funky, really since day one of the install, however this might be something we have to live with. Afetr the install, I called pro back and mentioned, it seemed like it was struggling to get enough heat to this area ( master bedroom) and I dont recall ever having this problem with my old boiler. Actually, the original boiler whic I think was installed in 64, before we put some additions on etc and modified the home...

Now, yesterday, come home,, its been in the teens all day.. the Thermostat room temp read 66, but was set to hit 70....Now, I went out replaced the thermostat. Over the night, I raised the thermostat to 73 degrees, figuring it would take awhile to hit the temp etc....But did not do it.. Got up in teh morning, the room temp read 69 degrees.... The pipes are warm, etc.. But just dont understand why can hit that temp...? Too cold? Asking for too much of the system?

I am going to approach the pro, but wnat some info, thoughts etc beforehand.. I think with the other rooms, If I adjust the tmerostat upwards, more than likely, I would be able to hit that temp, I think...

Thanks again..

Comments (6)