Understanding the life long impact of grief....

JoAnn_Fla

a widow friend posted this on FB

You made it through Thanksgiving. The day has come and gone. Whether it was easier than you expected, harder (or both), the day is over. Often the day after has an emotional release. Rest today where you can. Be gracious to yourself, and tender. This is not an easy road.

It's easy to believe that you don't have anything to be grateful for when you're in the midst of heart-breaking grief or struggle with life, however, I urge you to look closer. Find every tiny detail to be thankful for: electricity, a warm bed, good food, friends who care, on line communities, pets, living in a country you cherish, running water, flowers, frost, sunshine, etc. etc. Most of all, know that the love and essence of your beloved will ALWAYS be with you, ALWAYS be a part of your life and for that, you can be grateful.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jannie

Thanks. I'm sending this to my 2 sisters. Love, Jan/Jannie

Save    
phoggie

Hi Joann~~
I have not visited here recently because I have moved back "home" and building a house here, but tonight is another "anniversary"...so to speak. A year ago today, I took my DH to the hospital ER...and in 8 days, he went to be with his maker...so a tad bit lonely this evening, so
I thought I'd stop by and see how others are doing this holiday season.

That was a wonderful article you posted...and so much truth.

I hope you are doing well and enjoy a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with hope, happiness and good health.

Mary (Phoggie)

Save    
JoAnn_Fla

Hi Mary,
I seem to have lost your email.
I'm doing ok, Hope you are enjoying your new home. Keep in touch. Have a Merry Christmas!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 10 Ways to Work Through Grief Triggers During the Holidays
A year after losing her sister, she was facing another holiday. Here’s how one woman learned to find joy again
Full Story
Life 10 Ways to Cope With Grief During the Holidays
If you are experiencing loss, take it from an experienced griever — life has changed forever, but it does get better
Full Story
Life 21 Things Only People Living With Kids Will Understand
Strange smells, crowded beds, ruined furniture — here’s what cohabiting with little monsters really feels like
Full Story
Old Dominion Design has been in business for more than 20 years and our principals & staff have over 40 years... Read More
MW Construction performs all types of construction from design-build to general contracting to construction... Read More