SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Gluing down solid 3/4" 3" wide Brazilian Cherry Floor to Concrete

susanlynn2012
9 years ago

Gluing down solid 3/4" 3" wide Brazilian Cherry Floor to Concrete is what the store suggests as they have bought a lot of this Indusparquet beautiful hardwood. They want to use Sika T21 to glue down the floor.

I had chosen the 3 1/4" wide Triangulo Engineered Hardwood Floors to float using the Floor Muffler Ultra underlayment. I also asked about using a 1/4" cork with the Floor Muffler or alone as my feet get so cold.

I had water damage in my house from the water heater on 3-20-13 and I am finally settling with the insurance company and need to submit a contract to free up funds. The store feels I should remove my upstairs carpet from 1990 and can give me a good price for the downstairs and upstairs.

They would like to install it in the kitchen also and want me to sell my tiles. I am getting nervous in gluing down the floor and fear if the floor is not totally level, I could have problems.

Any advice. I am waiting for an estimate later on today to remove all my heavy cabinets, pull up the old floors and install this wood.

I have right now 5" wide BR-111 Brazilian Cherry on my floors that are engineered and were floated in September 2009. I never had a problem with the floors until the pipe broke on the water heater.

Comments (6)