SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Week 23 Healthy Check-in

hhireno
11 years ago

I went to the gym this morning and also took a 36 minute walk this evening so I'm very pleased with my activity level today.

There were a few new people at the gym and 2 of them were wearing too much cologne/perfume. I don't know why anyone would have on that much fragrance at 7:30 in the morning while working out. Maybe the guy was getting off a night shift? The perfume was an older woman. I had to leave the treadmill I was using to get away from the smell. If they become regulars I might have to ask the staff to suggest to them they should cut back on the fragrances.

I had lentils for dinner and decided I should recommend them to all of my healthy eating friends. One cup has 230 calories with 16 g of fiber and 18 g of protein. That's a lot of fiber and protein, two things that will help you feel satisfied and full longer. Tonight, I ate mine plain but added feta cheese to my husband's portion (he needs a little incentive to eat them). Tomorrow I'll toss in some chopped vegetables, maybe a little vinaigrette dressing, maybe some feta and eat them for lunch. In cold weather months I add mustard seed and caramelized onion. Everything tastes good with caramelized onion.

Tomorrow is my 19th wedding anniversary and we'll be going out to dinner. I'll probably splurge on a dessert if they have something particularly interesting. To offset some of those calories, I'll go to the gym in the a.m. and maybe get a walk in also if the weather holds.

How is everyone doing this week?

Comments (10)