SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_b_gw

Sudden death of husband of 34 yrs

karen_b
13 years ago

My husband died June 15, 2010 of a massive heart attack golfing with friends. I am having a very hard time with the loneliness. I have 3 grown children but they are having a very hard time watching their mother, who had always been the strength of the family, turn into a basket case at any moment. I can't stop crying, every where I turn and anything I do I see him. I don't expect my children to understand what I'm going through I just want them to be there for me so I'm not lonely all of the time and to listen to me instead of telling me what to do. I'm afraid I'm pushing them away when I need them the most.

How do I tell well meaning friends to please listen to me and to stop telling me their grief stories or their problems and that it will get better with time because right now I'm hurting so much I don't want to think about tomorrow?

My grief counselor tells me I have to be upfront and to the point, I don't have a lot of friends so I'm afraid I'll push the few away if I do this...I need to be around people but I can't ask them to just listen.

Thank you for listening

Karen

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living