SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

gtky

Oakley
14 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now?

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating?

3. What is your weather like today?

4. Do you have anything special or important planned for this week, and if so, what?

5. If you could sit and gossip with one famous person, either from past or present, who would it be? I'm not talking about Big Brains, I'm talking about someone you think would be chatty, gossipy and fun. :)

6. Where do you prefer to get your news from?

7. For you women, do you wear a bra when you're home, knowing no one is coming over? hee

8. What plant in your garden is thriving this summer?

9. Where did you get the best hamburger you've ever eaten from a restaurant or a fast food place? Do not include homemade burgers.

10. What do you see out the window closest to where you're sitting?

Comments (23)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Red tee shirt with a large dragon fly on it.

A Boost for breakfast, a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and a slice of chocolate cake.

100+

4. Do you have anything special or important planned for this week, and if so, what?

The painters come tomorrow! The cabinet doors are painted, so we're getting there.

5. If you could sit and gossip with one famous person, either from past or present, who would it be? I'm not talking about Big Brains, I'm talking about someone you think would be chatty, gossipy and fun. :)

I was telling a friend the other day I'd like to sit and chat with Dolly Parton. lol

The Internet.

7. For you women, do you wear a bra when you're home, knowing no one is coming over? hee

No.

The Hibiscus' are going nuts! Out of all my flowers, the Hibiscus' are the ones people are the most drawn to.

9. Where did you get the best hamburger you've ever eaten from a restaurant or a fast food place? Do not include homemade burgers.

From a dive called "Lotta Burger" when I was a kid. Or Kip's Big Boy. Anyone remember them? YUM. No wonder I love Big Mac's so much!

Wheat fields which were just harvested, our neighbor's house which is a quarter mile away, a big creek between us, some of my flowerbed and my car.

• User
    14 years ago

Brown pants, deep turquoise v-necked top with brown cami peeking out beneath, brown high-heeled boots. And it's too freakin' hot for this outfit today.

Oatmeal, Amy's veggie loaf frozen dinner, string cheese, peach yogurt.

Hot, hot, hot, and did I mention HOT? There's not a breeze blowing at all, and the humidity makes me feel like ripping people's heads off. :-/

Lunch with my boss tomorrow, symphony orchestra concert in the botanical garden on Saturday.

The wonderful author Augusten Burroughs. I just love that man!

Online - numerous sources.

Absolutely not!

My sweet potato vine threatens to take over the entire house. I'm waiting for it to creep into the windows and strangle me as I sleep.

Veggie burger at Michael's Kitchen in Taos, New Mexico.

The balcony that separates the east wing of the floor of my office from the west wing.

• Related Discussions

Kick off 2015 with a GTKY

Q

Comments (65)
    1. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far? I actually didn't make one, but I feel unorganized lately. I want to make the best use of all my time so back to making lists for me. 2. What are you wearing? blazer, stripe shirt, floral scarf, jeans, and ...furry boot slippers. Will put boots on later. 3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Snow. 4. What did you eat today? Banana. I need to eat after this. (Back to making lists for my food too!) 5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? Sure. I find in more recent years it seems so commercial to me that I feel almost silly to participate in the festivities. We'll probably go out for dinner though! 6. If married, how long have you been married? 7 years. 7. What is your favorite feature? eyelashes 8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? Black 9. What is your favorite board or card game? Pictionary always get us laughing. 10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? I don't know. I'm sure it's an Avenged Sevenfold song. I haven't listened to my iPod in quite a few years. 11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? Later than I should. I'm naturally a night person. 12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? Used to be almost an hour. 13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? Beach 14. Can you whistle a tune? Yes 15. Seahawks or Patriots? Doesn't matter to me. DH will cheer for the Patriots. I like football as background noise. (I'm serious.) I like sports, but don't want to watch them on tv. I think games last WAY too long. Hours and hours and then there's another game! I don't want to sit that long.
    ...See More

An Autumn GTKY

Q

Comments (65)
    Favorite Autumn holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving? it used to be Halloween when the kids were younger. For years we did a huge haunted house for the neighborhood, with Dh scaring the daylights out of all the kids and adults too! Last year was our final year of doing it, and it was scaled way down. It's too much work and our youngest will graduate from hs this year. I love Thanksgiving because it's all about sharing a traditional meal with loved ones! Favorite outdoor activity during the Autumn months? Taking walks on the beach and gardening. Favorite indoor activity during these same months? Cooking, reading and getting the house in shape for the holidays. Do you have a favorite food that just says "Fall"? Soups and chili with corn bread Favorite Autumn dinner? Pot roast and potatoes with gravy and cornbread, and anything pumpkin for dessert. Does your town/city have any sort of Autumn festivities? There are a lot of pumpkin festivals, corn mazes and fall craft shows. I used to take the kids, but don't go anymore. Fall/Autumn is football season. Do you have a favorite college and/or pro team? Dh is a huge sports fan, especially football and hockey. He and dd are obsessive about the Steelers. (Pro) and Michigan (college). Do you actually watch football games on TV? No! Despite the fact that Dh watches every single pro and college game, and the tv seems to always be blasting some football game, I hate hate hate football! I completely ignore it, even if I am in the same room. Do you decorate for Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving? I used to decorate insanely for all holidays, but it is very scaled down now. I put out pumpkins and a scarecrow and wreaths on the doors. Going all out takes too much time and energy. With my kids grown and my parents gone, I don't really enjoy it anymore. Do you go all-out decorating for Fall or just put out a few things? See above What season IS your favorite? Winter! I live in So Cal but am not a fan of the heat, so winter is the coziest and most comfortable time of year for me. What do you like best about Autumn? In other parts of the country I love the crisp air and beautiful colors. Here in LA I like the fact that the temps are not in the 100s and the feeling that colder weather is on the way...eventually.
    ...See More

It's time for a new GTKY!

Q

Comments (35)
    1. What are you wearing? Describe in detail, please. Suede ankle boots, dark wash boot cut jeans, blue with white stripes wool sweater, my only-wear-around-the-house silk scarf (it’s an odd color so I don’t wear it out and about but it feels so good and keeps my neck warm). I’ll put on a different scarf when I leave the house. 2. What was the last thing you ate? I’m drinking tea right now. The last thing I ate was a piece of pound cake last night. 3. What did you do today? Details, please. Read the newspaper the old-fashioned way, checked my email, started reading here. Later, i’ll go over to my Mum’s and do some more prep for her move. 4. What brought you here to GW/Houzz the first time? Our HHI renovation 5. What was the worst job you ever had? Babysitting. The best part was it crystallized by knowledge that I didn’t want kids. 6. What was the coolest (hip, groovy) job you ever had? I can’t think of anything that was cool about any job. It’s called work for a reason. 7. Have you ever been in a car accident and it was your fault? My BIL was driving and as we entered a curve, there was another car facing us. 😳 Thanks to his driving, we also spun out like they did, but we didn’t hit anything but the curb. All 4 of us had the presence of mind to jump out of the car and get off to the side of the road, because we all expected our car to get hit by the next car or, heaven forbid, a truck. A another car did spin out and hit ours. It wasn’t rainy or icy so IDK why the road was so slick. No one was hurt, but all 3 cars were damaged. The cop said it was the first accident scene he attended where every single person had been wearing a seat belt. I can still recall that slow-motion feeling when the car was spinning out of control. 8. Have you physically hurt yourself lately? If so, what did you do, you klutz? While cutting a pineapple, the fruit shifted (on the juicy, slick surface of the cutting board. Maybe there was a pineapple spill on the road above) and I cut my thumb just a little. 9. Has anything angered you lately? Just little personal things, not world happenings. No. 10. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with? Hmmmm...a ride? 11. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way? Read books, borrowed from the library, and newspapers, delivered to my home. Write letters. When I need something, I go to a store to buy it. I can only think of 4 times I’ve ordered from Amazon.
    ...See More

GTKY: What’s your enneagram?

Q

Comments (22)
    A lot of my "real life" friends are 1w2s as well. I think we get along because we sympathize with each other's perfectionist streaks and let each other take turns running the show. I'll never forget the time I was traveling with my gang and we walked up to a tourist booth to get a map. The woman looked at us and said, "Okay, who is the type A leader who gets the map?". We busted out laughing and said, "We all are!".
    ...See More
  • lindybarts
    14 years ago

V-neck Tshirt and Cargo Capri's

My favorite Classic Burger from The Cheesecake Factory

A Gorgeous 74 with a light breeze and blue skies

Had lunch today with my girls to celebrate my birthday. Hubby is out of town! :c(

JFK, Jr? I don't know if he qualifies as gossipy though?

Internet mostly

Yes, always

Carpet Roses

As mentioned above...the Classic Burger from Cheesecake factory is soooo juicy and the garlic dip spread makes it melt in your mouth.

Arbor Vitae and a peek at the roses

• pbrisjar
    14 years ago

Jeans, lavender v-neck tee, my funky purple earrings and black sandals

Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal
    Lunch: turkey wrap
    Dinner: probably tamales and avocado/tomato salad. Maybe just popcorn if Hubby gets home in time for us to go to the movies.

HOT. Too d*mned hot.

We're "on duty" this weekend (taking care of Mom and company) so no. Makes me sad because it's Pride Weekend in SF and we will have to miss it.

Dorothy Parker or Oscar Wilde

BBC or NPR

Heck no.

Don't really have a garden. The creeping / ground cover roses in the front yard are doing OK.

This itty bitty hole in the wall restaurant in northern CA Hubby and I stumbled upon while on one of our CL adventures. I believe it was called Lucy's or some such. They had awesome onion rings and shakes, too.

I'm in the middle of a cube farm so no windows. If I turn around and crane my neck, I can see a small patch of sky out of the one window in our office area.

• golddust
    14 years ago

Blue jean bermuda shorts and a peasant blouse that is red and white pinstriped. Sandals with ankle straps.

Nothing yet and it's 2:00 PM. That is next but don't know what is in the house to eat. LOL!

A dry 78 degrees.

Getting board insurance for my non-profit. Just got off a conference call with our lawyer and have a long list to wade through. Personally, I have to do laundry. Am consulting someone on their doll collection tomorrow.

Michelle Obama.

CNN, BBC and NPR. MSNBC's 'Rachael Maddow Show' once in awhile, for relief. :+)

Yes.

My daisies are beautiful right now. Early here for many other plants.

'Aaron's', a local burger place who wins the 'people's choice' award here every single year.

A large walnut tree that is around 85 years old. Our little red studio sits behind the giant tree and the siding matches our house. (I think it's really cute. LOL!) Oh! there is a ladder DH is using to paint the exterior pipe we put in to plumb our new bathroom. He's painting it to match the house color.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

favorite jeans, black thin v neck, silver necklace, black flip flops

tuna salad on baguette for lunch, chicken pot pie in the oven for dinner

perfect summer day, 85 degrees; I golfed yesterday in high winds and 79 cloudy day

tomorrow is a quebec holiday, everything's closed , otherwise I have bills to pay, filing to do, closets to clean out, etc...

Ellen Degeneres

the internet

always; fighting puppies is not my favorite look

zero plants, I live in a high rise in the city

sliders from Eatzy's in dallas - although I love a teen burger at A&W,
    les folies terrace, vasco de gamas, too many to name, I always seek good burgers, love them, protein, veggies and bread in one hand, perfect food !

mountain, shriner's hospital, different rooftops, my big buddah on the balcony

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    14 years ago

Red sundress

Dinner is roasted asparagus, and something...
    Hot, but clear and beautiful
    4. Do you have anything special or important planned for this week, and if so, what? I may have a funeral to go to this weekend. A sil's brother is near death.

Hmmm, those adjectives seem to apply only to the last fifty years so while all of history is open to me, I might not know any of the people we are gossiping about so I'll have to say Oprah. Maybe she would give the dirt on everybody.
    Tom Cruise, is he or isn't he? Herself, yes or no?

Oh, you small chested women. Big girls require bras all the time.

So many, but the Salvia farinaceas are always stunning.

9. Where did you get the best hamburger you've ever eaten from a restaurant or a fast food place? Do not include homemade burgers. The first time I had a real hamburger was when I was 14. I had only had my mom's and fast food (little ones) and this was a shack called the Daisy Queen. It was a very cold day and we had been standing outside downtown watching a Christmas parade. An Amazing hamburger.
    And today, I don't even like hamburgers much at all.

10. What do you see out the window closest to where you're sitting? Trees, flowers, garden. But that's the view from all our windows.

• cooperbailey
    14 years ago

khaki cargo capris, pink v neck tshirt, brown crocs, earrings.

We are on a "staycation" so I have eaten a wonderful omelet, hash browns and english muffin at a cute little place called Dusenbergs, and for lunch rare pit beef sandwich and fries from the BBQ House- stopped on a whim! homemade Caprese salad for dinner with garlic bread from shop we visited on travels today.

perfect summer day, 85 degrees. absolutely perfect.

1. Do you have anything special or important planned for this week, and if so, what?

Relax, relax relax! maybe go boating and swim the dogs, go to Crumpton tomorrow, a day trip to Longwood gardens, or elsewhere, out to dinner. sit and read. whatever!

Bono from U2; Ed Kowalczyk from the band Live

Foxsnews channel; internet

always.

roses;daylilies;purpleconeflower; Argentinian sage. with this rain everyone is happy!

5 Guys Burgers and Fries, Canton, MD

trees in my yard and neighbors yard; a peek of a wall next door; blue sky

• tinam61
    14 years ago

What are you wearing right now?

Black cami and grey knit shorts

Iced mocha coffee, bagel w/cheese for breakfast. Nachos for lunch. Thin pork chops, squash casserole, fresh cukes, tomatoes and cantaloupe will be dinner.

Hot and humid

We are not planners, we do things on impulse. I like Cooper Bailey's ideas though! We may take the boat out also.

I'm drawing a blank on this one right now.

I usually watch the early morning local news - bits and pieces anyway . . .

Much of the time. I don't want sagging hooties!

My roses, tomatoes and cukes, the mandivallas, petunias - we've had plenty of rain so far (usually in drought by now), so it's very lush around here so far!

Drawing a blank on this one too - we're not big on eating burgers out.

Out into the back - my rhododendrens need to be pruned - they are up too high into the window LOL!

tina

PS - - Jen! I can hardly stand boots in the winter around here, I cannot imagine them this time of year! I hate my feet covered up.

• johnmari
    14 years ago

Gray sweatpants and black t-shirt.

Just finished a really killer cheeseburger. Have been having major meat cravings lately! (Had checkup this afternoon. Dr. is not the least bit worried about that.) Oh, and the last tiny bit - about 3/4 cup of last night's Szechuan peanut pasta with veggies and shrimp for breakfast.

Chilly (low 60s) and rainy, just like the last couple of weeks. Two more days of this and then more seasonal 80ish but still wet. :-(

Nope, same old routine. I like routine.

Jon Stewart or maybe Graham Norton (hosts a very silly talkshow on BBC, like The Tonight Show with wine and gold lame')

WBZ radio out of Boston and The Daily Show. ;-) Oh, and I watch Rachel Maddow sometimes because she has a fabulous sense of humor and makes no bones about being a commentator rather than a journalist, unlike most of the talking heads on TV.

Sometimes, depending on what I'm doing. If I'm just hanging out on the couch then often no, but if I'm cleaning or doing something more active like that I do. (Basically it depends on whether they're going to bounce or not! LOL) Next time I'm flush I think I'll order a couple of soft bras from Decent Exposures but at fifty bucks a pop, yikes.

My lilac. We got it this spring from a neighbor who's being foreclosed on and I swear the thing's grown a foot since we moved it. It even put out a few blooms last month when we had been warned that it probably wouldn't. I'm surprised it has survived, since it's at MY house. :-) Here's proof:

Wild Willy's, Rochester NH - and I just had one! Closely followed by Portsmouth Brewery in Portsmouth, NH and Strafford Farms in Dover, NH (great patty melt).

A little of the maple tree in front of my house and the house across the street. And more rain.

• mrsmarv
    14 years ago

Checkered pajama bottoms and an old white t-shirt.

1. What have you eaten today or plan on eating?
      Oatmeal for breakfast. We had our monthly birthday celebration at work today, so it ran the gamut from Caesar salad to pizza, to fruit salad to banana pudding trifle.

High 70's and sunshine. It's the first mostly sunny day in the past 3 weeks. But don't worry, there's more rain on the horizon.

Rest. I was just diagnosed with Lyme disease and am on a kick-butt antibiotic. And stay out of the sun, the doctor said, because of the reaction to the antibiotic. Okay, sure...did I tell you, doc, that I have a 20x30 foot garden and 7 acres? Yep, sure.

Ellen DeGeneres

MSNBC, CNN, local news channel, internet.

Nope...sans one now ;o)

Potatoes, all varieties.

Handshakes. It's a local eatery.

Trees, birds, deer, turkey and the occasional chipper.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

Just jeans and a t-shirt. Out of the nice clothes I wore today (see below).

Had the usual oatmeal and protein drink for breakfast, then had a nice sandwich of crusty bread, mozz, tomato & basil for lunch, now more protein drink. I am REALLY bad at planning dinners.

Stunningly beautiful. Perfect. Amazing.

We just came home from a VERY special thing -- our city is opening a new nature park where DD and DH volunteered as wildlife monitors for the past couple years -- they asked her to be a speaker, going onstage just before the mayor, to give people a sense of what the park was like before it was opened to the public (it was a nature preserve). She NAILED it--evidently her descriptions were so beautiful they made people cry, seriously (I was up front, so I didn't see, but a staff member came up and told us afterwards), and they want to put my video of her speech on the park website (which may or may not be possible -- I'm not that good at holding the camera still)--now, she's up taking a nap and I just woke up from mine. Parks open early :)

I *already* thought of Oscar Wilde before I read pbrisjar's response, I swear! :) But only if I could know that he wouldn't snub me. I'd want to be on his good side. Otherwise it would be torture.
    In terms of a woman: I would pick Dorothy Parker but pbrisjar will think I'm stalking her :). How about...let's see...Emmy Hennings. She was Hugo Ball's wife. In a past life I specialized in the original avant-garde and I've always wanted to know what it was like to be a woman among all those men. Gossip about those guys would be fascinating to me. (I even got my hair cut like her one time -- took her picture in to my stylist. I was younger then...)

Online, several sources. Huffington Post/Truthout/Buzzflash among them. Then google news for more angles.

If I've been out, then yes, until around 9 pm when any bra suddenly becomes intolerable.

What *isn't* thriving?! It's been an amazing year fertility -wise. One extra-bright spot: last weekend we just picked more orange raspberries (and red too) than we ever have, and that's just the tip of what's ripening. Should be a good year for produce :)

I honestly can't think...probably McMenamin's, one time, a special burger. Their regular burgers--o.k. but not great, although they are Oregon Country Beef. Since we won't eat anything but hormone-free natural beef, it limits our possibilities. We do make *mean* burgers at home, though -- had some this weekend, grilled (I know it's bad for you but it tastes so good) - YUM!

Our deck, which currently has DD's bike set up on rollers for PT for her knee.

Here is a link that might be useful: o.k., I still love her haircut even now...

• Sueb20
    14 years ago

Blue sweatpants, orange t-shirt. Tres chic.

Toast and pb for breakfast. Kids' mac & cheese for lunch. Pizza for dinner. Not the healthiest eating day but there's nothing in the house because we're going on vacation tomorrow!

Awful. It's been awful all month around here (Boston). Rain, rain, rain, and in the 60s. Blah! I am envious of anyone who answered "hot and/or humid" to this question!

Woohoo! Going on vacation to sunny CA tomorrow! Also, right now I am waiting for our architect to come over with final plans for a 2nd-floor renovation of our summer cottage. (Gee, I sound so fancy. I'm not, really. See #1.)

I think it would be fun to hang out with Ellen Degeneres.

People magazine. Kidding. Only sorta.

Nope. I barely even need one anyway.

Some weird vine -- can't remember the name -- that has quadrupled in size and is taking over my side-yard fence.

I really don't know. I don't order burgers in restaurants that often. We have a local small pub that has good ones, though.

The window near me is strange -- it looks across my small back porch and into my mudroom window! So basically, my view is of my coat closet door.

• User
    14 years ago

jean, short sleeved rust colored shirt, fuzzy leopard flops.

orange, plum, hamburger helper stuff, ...

sunny and 83 degrees.

I'm on vacation! HOO-RAH! Going to the cabin this weekend, small trips planned throughout the week.

Brian Haner, Jr. He's the lead guitarist with the band Avenged Sevenfold and I'm gaga over him. :P

I honestly don't care to listen to the news. It's mostly doom and gloom.

I ALWAYS have a bra on (unless I'm showering of course). Evenings/sleep it's a sport bra but I feel funny without one.

Sadly I don't have a garden. Out yard is still a "baby".

Don't know which you'd call it but the place is Red Rabbit. Bunny Burgers are the best! They wait on you at your car! Like the old days...

grass, a bunny, fence.

• folkvictorian
    14 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now? ***Pink sleeveless shirt, denim shorts, black cat on lap.

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? ***Toast, yogurt, chicken sandw, tacos for dinner.

3. What is your weather like today? ***Very un-Wisconsin 94 degrees hot hot hot and humid.

4. Do you have anything special or important planned for this week, and if so, what? ***Concrete trucks are coming Friday and Saturday to pour a short driveway outside our garage. Less dirt will be tracked into the house? Dream on!

5. If you could sit and gossip with one famous person, either from past or present, who would it be? ***Winston Churchill. His one-liners were brilliant.

6. Where do you prefer to get your news from? ***Internet

7. For you women, do you wear a bra when you're home, knowing no one is coming over? hee ***Yup.

8. What plant in your garden is thriving this summer? ***The hostas, planted several years ago when we moved here, are CRAZY this year and are absolutely gorgeous. Same for the irises and daisies, bleeding heart, everything, really.

9. Where did you get the best hamburger you've ever eaten from a restaurant or a fast food place? Do not include homemade burgers. ***Best hamburgers were from an olde-tymey malt shop in St. Paul on Larpenter Avenue called Snuffy's (I think).

10. What do you see out the window closest to where you're sitting? ***Mmmmm, acres of green grass and our humongous silver maple tree, the hay field across the fence, just cut, white gate, hummingbird, giant white peonies bent to the ground with heavy dew.

• groomingal
    14 years ago

Green T-shirt and gray athletic Capris

Watermelon Salad, Pancakes

Hotter than a hooker in church

Making Window Planters

5. If you could sit and gossip with one famous person, either from past or present, who would it be?
    Dolly Parton- she comes into DH workplace occasionally- he waits until she leaves before he calls to tell me- darn him.

newsvine

7. For you women, do you wear a bra when you're home?
    I even sleep in one

Pink Guara

Five Guys- mushrooms,swiss

it's dark

• skibby (zone 4 Vermont)
    14 years ago

1. What are you wearing right now? Office clothes. Blue suit.
    2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? I'm embarrassed to say - a bologna sanwich. But I also have an avocado and a perfect peach.

3. What is your weather like today? Gorgeous (finally!) sunny and upper seventies.

4. Do you have anything special or important planned for this week, and if so, what? Just trying to get through the week - I'm on vacation after Friday.

5. If you could sit and gossip with one famous person, either from past or present, who would it be? I'm not talking about Big Brains, I'm talking about someone you think would be chatty, gossipy and fun. :) Tasha Tudor.

6. Where do you prefer to get your news from? Radio. I turn it off if it gets too dismal.

7. For you women, do you wear a bra when you're home, knowing no one is coming over? hee I don't even own one. Hee.

8. What plant in your garden is thriving this summer? Echinops. I've gone out and bought three more.

9. Where did you get the best hamburger you've ever eaten from a restaurant or a fast food place? Do not include homemade burgers. A & W - I so miss that.

10. What do you see out the window closest to where you're sitting? Men working in trees - no joke!

• hhireno
    14 years ago

Khaki skort, turquoise tee, sandals

Shredded wheat with strawberries and yogurt

absolutely beautiful summer day, sunny and low 80s.

My sister & her family will be starting their one month visit. I can hardly wait to see them. And I'm always a little sad when they leave, even after a month long stay.

Hmm, I dunno, no one in particular springs to mind

newspaper

yes

Mostly the weeds.

It wasn't really a true burger but I had a mini prime rib sandwich with carmelized onion, gorgonzola cheese and a red wine sauce that was fab-u-lous from a place called Wise Guys in Hilton Head. They called it a slider but I find that name repulsive so I call it a mini burger.

My birch tree. I love how the little leaves flitter in the breeze. Once a 5 year old visitor asked me "how do you get your tree so white?".

• jakabedy
    14 years ago

Jeans, green t-shirt and flip flops

A ham and cheese bagel. Thinking of Chinese for lunch.

Oppressive. Probably a high of 94 or 95 with heat index over 100.

Lots of conference calls for work, then a rehearsl and concrt this weekend. All in this HEAT!

Katharine Hepburn

NOR and my local paper

I do. But sometimes I wear those little tanks with the shelf bra and a shirt over it -- especially if I'm going to be working around the house and sweating.

Weeds, hosta and the deathless cannas.

I really like DQ's burgers.

Woods, glorious woods.

• neetsiepie
    14 years ago

Jeans & a work T. Barefeet. I just got back from the field and my socks were covered with burrs and I couldn't wait to get them off!

Far too much junk food. I was on the road all day.

In the field it was 95 and sunny, but when I got home, the weather was in the mid-60's and getting cloudy.

Susan Sarandon

Internet

HELL NO!!!

Flowers-roses. Veggies...right now only lettuce. It's been too cool to get much to take off. My potatos are going bonkers, and the zuchinni is just putting on fruit. The tomatoes are still only flowering.

Oh I can't remember the place, but it was a blue cheese angus burger...blue cheese throughout the meat, then crumbled all over the top. A sliced red onion, toasted bun...YUMMMM

10. What do you see out the window closest to where you're sitting? Arborvitae. I hate them and want them out. Maybe when we replace the fence our neighbor will be happy we'll pull them out.

• mahatmacat1
    14 years ago

(side note to pesky: how's your leg?)

• polly929
    14 years ago

Capris and my DH's college t-shirt

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? Probably cereal, after that I don't know

3. What is your weather like today? Right now it's overcast

4. Do you have anything special or important planned for this week, and if so, what? As a matter of fact I do :)
    C-section scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I'd love to have lunch with Ina Garten at her Hampton's house on the patio

6. Where do you prefer to get your news from? TV

7. For you women, do you wear a bra when you're home, knowing no one is coming over? hee I wear one all the time, even to bed

The Hostas look like they are on steroids

Blue cheese burger from a local pub that closed last year, so sad they aren't there anymore

A japanese lilac tree, maple, and a few old pine trees

• dgranara
    14 years ago

Black dress pants, tan sweater, my fave argyle socks (at work).

1. What have you eaten today or plan on eating?
      Plan on salad for lunch and cauliflower pasta for dinner.

Ugg! (Boston) Kinda overcast - AGAIN. It's *slightly* better today, but still no where near what June 25th SHOULD be!

Trying to get some office work done before I'm off next week for my husband's shoulder surgery.

Well, it would have to be someone from the past, I think, as I don't much care about today's gossip. I'd love to have met Isabella Stewart Gardner. She had a real reputation for eccentricity. Plus, I'd ask her what she thought about the theft. :)

1. Where do you prefer to get your news from?
      Internet and talk radio.

Sheesharee - ditto! I am almost ALWAYS wearing one. Don't know why, it's just what I've always done.

My son's green beans he planted in school and brought home. Seriously, he doesn't get his green thumb from his Mama, that's for sure.

From a little restaurant in NH that I cannot remember the name of, when we were on vacation.

The Mystic River (from my office).