SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

I'm tired! Vent...

2ajsmama
13 years ago

Ok, another petty vent here but I am just so tired. Porch work went on pause for the past week while CIL took another job (I need him to cut material for me) but I had been working on that. Finished up polying the basement door that's been sitting in MBR for the past month. Wanted DH to hang it this w/e but he was too busy. I wired garage lights on Sat, and the bathroom (pocket) door fell off the track on Sunday so ran around Sunday trying to find longer bolts, no luck (also Target, bought TP and Slip and Slide for kids). Made strawberry shortcake and brought it to my parents' house for dessert. Cleaned out DH's office yesterday which had become a catch-all for outgrown kids' clothes, ran to GW yesterday and put some other things in the attic, took kids to McD's and grocery store, came home, put groceries away, deadheaded the roses and the hanging baskets, got the slip and slide out, gave DD a shower after. Went to hardware store last night when DH got home for final solution (coupling nuts and threaded rod), told him I would stop by other grocery store to get olives for pasta salad I had made, did he need anything? He said no, and he'd grill drumsticks. Came home, ate, helped him hang pocket door, had dessert, loaded DW, he put DD to bed while I cleaned and greased hinges, then helped him hang the basement door and put the closet door on the "sawhorses" to start today.

Today - did 5 loads of laundry, watered the trees and front flowerbeds, fed the kids bfast, cleaned the hinge dust off the closet door and sanded, vacuumed it (100 grit down, 120,150, 180, 220, shellac, 320, shellac, 400, poly, 400, poly, 600, poly, 600, poly to go!) . Went to make myself a turkey sandwich (I never eat lunch, no time, but I was looking forward to it) and no turkey! Gee, don't you think that if I'm cooking and cleaning and finishing and building that DH could at least *mention* (esp. when I tell him I'm going to grocery store) that we need lunch meat?! I haven't even taken a shower since Sunday, b/c I was waiting for CIL to come yesterday (didn't make it), and last night DS and DH decided to take showers. Then DH acts disappointed when I just want to go to sleep at 10pm!

Comments (9)