SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

Boy, I'm tired!

digit
16 years ago

And, if you don't feel like putting-up with me telling you so, just give me a break and find something else to read. I'm just venting and appreciate those of you who can tolerate or overlook a little of that.

Apparently, this won't be a year with an early frost so the warm-season veggies are still going gang-busters. Plantings of cool-season greens will be back in about a week so without a major cool down - we'll be harvesting, processing, and marketing both . . .

I've had 2 days off this Summer - both came because of rain on a Sunday (nice - relaxing time with family :o). Usually it is my day for spraying and I only missed those 2. Clear skies and warm temperatures - hasn't been the bumper year of '98 but there's been plenty of production.

Yeah, I've been doing this marketing scene since '93 and after a lifetime in agriculture, I knew pretty much knew what I was getting into. Haven't had the boat out in 14 years and consider myself too old for ice fishing. My hands are a mess and my back is wrecked.

We came home from the market yesterday and I fell asleep before 6PM. Other than driving a cat out of the garbage sometime in the middle of the night and spending a couple hours dozing in front of the TV after that . . . guess I spent 10 hours in a semi-coma. That is a darn sight better than getting about one-half or less of that in sleep most nights lately.

Didn't even fully unload the truck until this morning. Next marketday, I'll be lucky to just haul my sorry self off the marketsite at the end of the day . . .

It starts so slow in May and June . . . I guess, I wish things could get spread out a little more but the resentment might just have longer to build . . .

Early crops are followed by 2nd plantings of late ones. Full season crop ground results in this long-term battle to stop the weeds from flowering. Perennials give me a chance to work out there in the worse weather trying to resurrect the plants in the autumn or late winter.

November is the bestest month of the year!! I can find a few days when I won't even leave the house. Preparing food for Thanksgiving is like trying to rebuild the strength of a convalescent . . . Oh, and then there's December . . .

Just my digits

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH