SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannie3

I really just want to cry but I'm too tired

Jean Farrell
15 years ago

It won't matter in the long run, I know, but I'm about ready to tear my hair out.

I have had my appliances sitting in my house for at least a month, probably way longer, waiting to be installed. The dishwasher and microwave are in and nothing else. The beautiful Cornufe range is just sitting there, all wrapped up so I can't see it.

They were supposed to be installed WEEKS ago, I've lost track of when, then every week it has been "next week, next week." We were promised they would go in before our vacation. (We got back over a week ago.) Then we were promised they would go in early the week after we got back (which would have been last Monday or Tuesday). Then we were promised last Friday, so we would have a functioning kitchen for the long weekend. The appliance installers were DEFINITELY coming Friday. But the carpenter just didn't show up for days last week, and the KD wanted all the trim work done before the appliances were in, to avoid anyone accidentally banging a hammer into our range or fridge.

We threw a FIT, which we have not done often enough, honestly. So they got the carpenter to come in on Saturday, and bring someone to help him for goodness' sake. The trim work is huge and they have had one guy doing all of it. He told us he would come on Monday to finish the trim work so the appliances could be installed today. He didn't show up yesterday. Never called anyone. He came late this morning, and as I suspected would happen, the KD came by, and cancelled the appliances AGAIN. Because the carpenter isn't finished.

What are the odds that they will actually be installed tomorrow? Or that they will be installed and there won't be some major problem?

If they just wouldn't keep getting my hopes up, it would be so much easier. But I run home from work all excited, and fly into the house and into the kitchen to see -- appliances in boxes. I am so SICK of this remodel. I think I am going to HATE this kitchen for what it has done to our lives.

Okay, vent over.

Comments (20)