SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gowelch_gw

I just want to cry......

gowelch
14 years ago

I had an awful day, and just want to cry. We hired a tile contractor to redo our kids bathroom 3 months ago. He was supposed to demo the bathroom, and redo everything. Now, after many problems, we are almost done. The guy does beautiful tile work, everything lines up perfectly. However, he has been very unreliable in terms of his work schedule. He shows up sometimes, but other times I can't get hold of him. Then, he had personal problems (with his girl friend). The project drags out from 3 weeks to 10 weeks, it has been very frustrating experience for us all.

He came to install the shower system today, and broker one of the tiles on the wall. My husband tried to help to fix the crack, but it is a big crack. They ended up patching up the crack with another piece of tile (1x1). It is not too bad unless you look at it closely. I am just upset about the crack. It is not just a line, but a patch with a 1x1 size of tile (on a big piece of tile 12x24).

To make things worse, my granite fabricator stood me up.

He was supposed to have come on at 4:00pm on Friday, but didn't show. After several phone calls, I finally got hold of him. He told me he could not come because he didn't have enough material for a backsplash. The piece is a remnant, and he assured us that he had enough when we bought it.

However, he told me he could get enough material from another fabricator to finish my backsplash. Time came and went, he didn't show today (he promised to be here at 10:00am). After many calls, he finally answered his phone. He told me that he didn't have enough time to find the material because he is too busy. He had 10 days to do the job, and only go around to tell me today....what is wrong him? He told me he could install the countertop tomorrow, but no backsplash...he will continue to look for material. I think the chance for him to fine another piece is very small.

I have been in a bad mood all day, and can't seem to get over it. How could this experience be so bad?

Comments (13)